Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

cant figure this out at all,pls help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default cant figure this out at all,pls help.

i have a 00 silverado 5.3L z71 was driving the other day and it just shutted off coasted to the side of the road no power to the fuel pump,changed the relay checked all the fuses,nothing.Put in a brand new fuel pump,,brand new relay,new grounds,nothing.Im getting no power to the fuel pump connector.Please any help would be great.sorry if i posted this in the wrong section.And i did try searching but can only find this problem with swaps,this is not a swapped motor.BTW the fuel pump will kick on if i jump the relay 30-87.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Staging Lane

oil pressure switch?short in the harness?im reading 0.20-0.40 on my voltage meter off of the 30 pin on the fuel relay.
Old 06-15-2014, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Pins 30 & 87 are the power leads. Pins 85 & 86 are the trigger wires. You need to figure which of these is ground and which is power, make sure the ground wire is intact, then figure why there's no power on the other.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

the grounds are all good.something is going on with the relay?If im correct at what im doing i should have 2 power sources on the relay.1 should be hot at all times that one is good but the other power sources that should be there with the key on for 2 secs isnt.What do you guys think?i checked under the fuse panel under the hood no bare/loose wires.

Quick Reply: cant figure this out at all,pls help.