Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Any AF Security Forces members here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any AF Security Forces members here?

Just trying to find out what the job is like, particularly on deployments. I know back in the States it's going to be pretty boring, just guarding, police work, and training. I'd imagine still more exciting than the average job but I read a lot of Security Forces hate on the internet about counting rivets on a plane all day and whatnot that says otherwise. But on deployments do you guys go outside the wire often? Or is it a lot of just standing and guarding overseas too? Whats the risk of combat overseas? Overall are you happy with the career? There seems to be certain units like the 755th "Reapers" and the 820th that seem to be much more of an AF Infantry and not law enforcement at all. Say I wanted to, could I volunteer for those groups or do I have no say in where I get assigned? What's it like on deployments for other flights? Thanks.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You do cop stuff all day every day along with staring at aircraft that don't move for 12hrs. Deployments is the same job as state side but with "outside the wire" hazards. Which you walk miles and miles, hours and hours on same occasions. I'm not SF though I have many friends who are, some love it, and some really hate it. It's all what you make it of.

You can volunteer for what ever comes available, there's no guarantees. Example, the 820th is at Moody AFB, you can put Moody on your list all day every day, most likely the AF will send you to Alaska. When and if you deploy to Bagram Airfrield you could get assigned to 755th, or you'll just be staring at aircraft counting rivets.

Best thing to do, if you're really thinking of joining, hope for best. Sometimes It'll work out.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't be cop period!

Quick Reply: Any AF Security Forces members here?