General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car messes up

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car messes up

I drive a 98 Firebird, If i drive in acity with lighs, after stopping at a few lights i reciev a problem wheremy car bogs down when i press the gas pedal. i can drive my car on the interstate as far i need to go, but after that when i hit a town with lights and my car has to sit at a light, when i go to press the gas it will bog down and feel as if it's not getting gas? I can't even rev my engine at this point...I have to let my car sit until it is cooled down, then she is ready to drive again. Also, when my car will not accerlate their is a loud and high pitched noise coming from where the gas tank is, but my fuel pump is only around 4 months old? My car acts like this more often and sooner when the weather is hot outside. When it's cold it takes a lot longer for the problem to occur, so i feel as if the problem is heat related, but have no clue what the problem could be, and why it would produce a high pitched noise around the gas tank? Please help, all help is really apprieciated...
thanks....
Old 06-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pump should be cooling itself with the fuel but it's not guaranteed... Might just have a bad fuel pump(new or not). Otherwise I'd look at sensors and the wiring going to them. If you have an OBD2 scantool try and figure out what the O2s are throwing

Quick Reply: Car messes up