Notices

SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood

I have a 1999 Firebird Formula that I'm reconstructing after an accident in 2011.

At the time of the accident I had a Suncoast Creations Raptor Hood on the car and had every intention of replacing it when the time came. But I was recently at the HRPT 2014 Stop in Bettendorf, IA and saw not one, not two, but THREE! 4th Gen Formulas with the Raptor Hood.

I realize the Power Tour is a HUGE event, which draws out a lot of cars. So seeing just a few of these doesn't mean everyone has them.

But... I'm one of those guys who just has to be a little different. I don't wanna have the same Hood, or the same Wheels as everyone else. I prefer the Formula to the Trans Am, Cloth Interior to Leather, and... well... you get the idea.

Anyways, prior to ordering the Raptor Hood for my car so many years ago, I really wanted an SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood. I kinda talked myself out of it at the time due to the fact that there were quite a few horror stories out there about them not being the best quality. Not fitting correctly, not accepting Primer & Paint very well, and all around badly constructed.

Well fast forward to now. I'd kinda like to get my hands on one again. Obviously they're no longer being produced, so I'll need to find a used one. So if you have a nice one that you've not had any trouble with that you're looking to sell or you've been contemplating changing the look of your Firebird and are considering a new Hood, please P.M. me. I'd be very interested in knowing what you have.

I live in southeastern Iowa. With this being such a large item, I can understand that shipping would be expensive. I'm hoping anything that turns up would be located in the states surrounding Iowa so that only a small road trip would be necessary. But if you have what I want and you're further away, I wouldn't rule out a longer trip. And maybe we could work out a deal to meet somewhere in the middle.

Anyways, that's it. Thanks for reading my thread.

Mumbles.

Quick Reply: SLP Ram Air H.O. Hood