Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???

Whats everyone think about this?? Will it fit under a suncoast creations raptor hood? Anyone know the height of it compared to other intakes? Installed Pics? Gains?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???-large300-126__59159_zoom.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's as cool as hell. I had only one concern and that was about the cowl on my Camaro.

Seams as I remember a guy on here putting on on his Camaro and had to remove some metal and glass to get it to fit.

Looks kick *** though!

Chad
Old 06-23-2014, 06:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Don,t have personal experience with them , but generally speaking , the short runner design will loose a pretty good amount of low to even mid range torque, but gain a pretty large amount on the top end, especially with a built up motor. More cubic inches would make up for the low end loss felt.

The mini version may fit without much trouble. You should be able to find specs on the height.
Tall intakes, such as the Holley high ram or edelbrock pro flo require notching the cowl, removing wipers , etc.

Last edited by jlcustomz; 06-23-2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 01:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Going to try and make this work, just hate to cut a hole in my hood lol
Old 07-01-2014, 05:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

The only guys I've seen of whom have benefitted from this intake are running forced induction engines. Have not seen even 1 post where an NA engine showed performance gains.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

I wish there was some solid dyno info out there for all these intakes.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

As far as looks goes on this intake, keep in mind it can be sanded & buffed to mirror finish.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Launching!

I
Originally Posted by spec_j
Whats everyone think about this?? Will it fit under a suncoast creations raptor hood? Anyone know the height of it compared to other intakes? Installed Pics? Gains?
Thanks
In December 2013 my car went to the shop for some upgrades. It soon turned into a complete transformation. We removed the stock bore LS2 and P1 Procharger and installed a forged / stroked 7.3 liter 447 CI motor. This new motor included the install of the new Holley modular Mid Rise intake Manifold and a F1 Procharger. I already knew the Holley would not fit under the stock hood so I ordered a fiber glass Sunoco Cowl Hood. When the hood arrived I was disapointed with the look so the shop owner and I came up with an idea. We took a scoopless hood from a 04 GTO and cut out a small section of the hood and trimmed it with door edge trimming. I REALLY LIKE THE OUTCOME. It has sort of a old school hot rod look. and as far as power , That Holley intake is a major asset for the F1 Procharger and that 7.3 liter motor. We used the largest pulley from Procharger for 13PSI of boost, It made over 800 RWHP and 800RWTQ. If needed, the boost can be increased to over 20 PSI and could put me around 950 or more. Seeing it is a 100% street car I do not have a need for more boost. Because the motor was brand new when it went on the dyno we shut it down at 5200RPMs. If it was spun to around 6200 or 6400 RPMs the numbers would be higher.
I have a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???-002.png   Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???-003.png   Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???-1203131528_resized_1.jpg  

Last edited by JJD49; 07-03-2014 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1-450
The only guys I've seen of whom have benefitted from this intake are running forced induction engines. Have not seen even 1 post where an NA engine showed performance gains.
You are 100% correct. I doubt if anyone with a N.A motor will get a benefit from this intake, maybe with a nitrous application.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:05 AM
TECH Resident

I bought the mini ram for my car and looks awesome. Have not ran the car with it yet due to the car is at the chassis shop now, just got the intake to where it will clear everything!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 12:10 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jlcustomz
Don,t have personal experience with them , but generally speaking , the short runner design will loose a pretty good amount of low to even mid range torque, but gain a pretty large amount on the top end, especially with a built up motor. More cubic inches would make up for the low end loss felt.

The mini version may fit without much trouble. You should be able to find specs on the height.
Tall intakes, such as the Holley high ram or edelbrock pro flo require notching the cowl, removing wipers , etc.
The mid ram requires the same notching the cowl, and loss off passenger side wiper. You just don't have to space the k member down like you have to on the high ram intake
Old 07-05-2014, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by JJD49
You are 100% correct. I doubt if anyone with a N.A motor will get a benefit from this intake, maybe with a nitrous application.
I wonder why? I would think it would be better than a fast......especially at high rpm. I wish someone tested this stuff back to back
Old 07-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
I wonder why? I would think it would be better than a fast......especially at high rpm. I wish someone tested this stuff back to back

I think with a sweet cam and some head porting or different heads this intake will be a big asset to any motor. There is one guy on LS1GTO.COM that is just finishing up this intake install on his car. He is not sure if he will cut the hood or get a Cowl. One of the fitment problems with the 04 -06 GTOs is with the engine itself. The motors DO NOT sit centered in the engine bay. They sit slightly off center making cutting of a hole in the hood a little tricky. If you make the hole slightly oval ( not round or square ) and take your time , no one will notice it is off center. I think the reason for that is because these cars were first built as Right Hand Drive and GM did not have time to completely redesign the entire car to get it ready for Left Side drive. If you look very closely you can find some Tell Tale Signs that it was once Right Side Drive. ONE HINT , YOUR DASH DISPLAY will give you a clue.

Quick Reply: Holley LS1/LS2/LS6 Mini-Ram Aluminum Intake Manifold ???