Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Exhibition of Speed.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 02:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exhibition of Speed.....

So I was driving on the way to the movie theater with the wife and cruising in the left lane passing some slower traffic. I was doing about 65 in a 65 so all is good.

I look in my rear view and see a fast approaching car behind me, so I pull to the middle lane to let him pass. Well, he doesn't. He slows down into my blind spot, what an *******! Now I'm approaching traffic in front of me and slow down to about 60 to let this ******* in my blindspot pass. He slow's down too. Ugh.

**** you asshat, I signal left (I don't pass on the right), drop it to third (I could've grabbed second at this speed) and give it some of that go go pedal juice (about 80%). I merge left, pass the car in front of me, and look in my rear view mirror and see red and blue lights. Ugh....

Yeah, the asshat in my blind spot was a cop running my plates. I punched it away from him while he was running my plates. Damnit!

So, I pull over and he tells me he pulled me over for "exhibition of speed". I say "yup". We are both noticeably mad at each other according to my wife in the passenger seat.

Cop: Why did you do that?
Me: Because you were riding in my blind spot; I pulled over to let you pass, but you stayed in my blind spot. I was approaching traffic and needed to get around.
Cop: Calm down, I was running your plates. That's why I stayed in your blind spot.
Me: Well, people riding in blind spots cause accidents and I was trying to avoid a dangerous situation.
Cop: Licence, Insurance, and proof of registration. You could have just slowed down more.
Me: (I give him my info), you're right, but that too causes accidents with traffic behind us.
Cop: I'm going to run this (my licence and all that), wait here.
Cop: (returns from patrol car with citation) I'm going to let you off with a warning, next time slow down and be more careful. Please sign here (hands me the warning).
Me: Will do.

So, in summary, I punched it away from a cop and got off with a warning. Damnit, I knew I should've played the lottery today.....
Old 06-23-2014, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

Nice kill?
Old 06-23-2014, 05:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You killed a cop?
Old 06-23-2014, 07:44 AM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cop killa!!!!
Old 06-23-2014, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Good thing he let you off with a warning. I can't imagine getting an Exhibition of Speed ticket in a Suburban.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jay z28
Good thing he let you off with a warning. I can't imagine getting an Exhibition of Speed ticket in a Suburban.
Then you can just fight it and say 'This thing can't exhibit speed. Case dismissed' and throw the papers in the air and walk out the court like a bawse.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jay z28
It was in my Camaro.

Originally Posted by odthetruth
Then you can just fight it and say 'This thing can't exhibit speed. Case dismissed' and throw the papers in the air and walk out the court like a bawse.
LOL. That sounds like an SNL skit.

I got lucky. I guess he agreed with my reasoning for doing it. I didn't know he was a cop when I punched it, and I wasn't speeding before hand either. To top it all off my car numbers from the track are still on the windows. So maybe he realized I actually race at the track and was honestly trying to avoid a potential accident.

Last edited by hrcslam; 06-24-2014 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:05 AM
Teching In

LOL...awesome
Old 06-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Staging Lane

Cop was being a bit of a *** from the sounds of it. I've done similar stuff before and the cops have either just given me "the look" or followed me to see if I was gonna do something else or if that was it. IMO the cop was just looking for a reason to pull you over and run your info. Are you black? Was it late afternoon when the drunks start to hit the road?
Old 06-24-2014, 04:47 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Old 06-24-2014, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

da Bause

Originally Posted by odthetruth
LMFAO...

Lucky you OP.
Old 06-24-2014, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

If someone is riding in your blind spot or tailgating you. You speed up not slow down the cop sounds like a *** hat.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Sticks n Stones
Cop was being a bit of a *** from the sounds of it. I've done similar stuff before and the cops have either just given me "the look" or followed me to see if I was gonna do something else or if that was it. IMO the cop was just looking for a reason to pull you over and run your info. Are you black? Was it late afternoon when the drunks start to hit the road?
Not Black, I'm Hawaiian, but am mistaken for Mexican all the time here in Southern Arizona. It was late at night, 10 pm, and I have tinted windows. Normally my car is ignored by cops. don't think it was profiling.

He was trying to do his job, running my plates, for no reason, while riding in my blind spot, doing 5 under the speed limit, in the passing lane. Cops should be pulling people over for exactly what this cop was doing.

Originally Posted by OneSlowV
If someone is riding in your blind spot or tailgating you. You speed up not slow down the cop sounds like a *** hat.
When I learned how to ride motorcycle's I learned to slow down (not break check, just let off the gas) to let the tailgater pass. Which is what I did here. He didn't, so I gunned it. Put's distance between me and the dangerous driver (the tailgater/blind spot rider) and keeps me away from his inevitable accident. And all my accident claims are from when my cars were parked.

I'm honestly surprised he let me off with a warning. The wife was telling me to fight the ticket before the cop came back with a warning. We were both expecting him to write a ticket.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by hrcslam
Not Black, I'm Hawaiian, but am mistaken for Mexican all the time here in Southern Arizona. It was late at night, 10 pm, and I have tinted windows. Normally my car is ignored by cops. don't think it was profiling.

He was trying to do his job, running my plates, for no reason, while riding in my blind spot, doing 5 under the speed limit, in the passing lane. Cops should be pulling people over for exactly what this cop was doing.

When I learned how to ride motorcycle's I learned to slow down (not break check, just let off the gas) to let the tailgater pass. Which is what I did here. He didn't, so I gunned it. Put's distance between me and the dangerous driver (the tailgater/blind spot rider) and keeps me away from his inevitable accident. And all my accident claims are from when my cars were parked.

I'm honestly surprised he let me off with a warning. The wife was telling me to fight the ticket before the cop came back with a warning. We were both expecting him to write a ticket.
gave up on tinted windows a long time ago... notice you don't even get pulled over speeding most times when they can see inside lol.. glad it worked out for you
Old 06-24-2014, 06:48 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

"Exhibition of Speed". Sounds like something you sell tickets for, not receive a ticket for.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TonyGXP
gave up on tinted windows a long time ago... notice you don't even get pulled over speeding most times when they can see inside lol.. glad it worked out for you
I live in Arizona, with a T-Top glass top vehicle, and leather interior. I will have tint and A/C. That **** burns! LOL. Good point though, unfortunately it does matter what the driver looks like.... ugh.

I rarely get pulled over. I'm sure if I didn't punch it he would've left me alone, as they normally do. I'm a law abiding tax paying veteran.

Originally Posted by speedtigger
"Exhibition of Speed". Sounds like something you sell tickets for, not receive a ticket for.

Isn't that what the race tracks do? Good point, LOL.

Officially he called it "Speed greater than reasonable and prudent". Basically, a generic way of saying he thinks I was accelerating too fast. Easily fightable in court, especially with my wife present; witness. Probably why he gave me a warning and not a ticket.

Quick Reply: Exhibition of Speed.....