Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual 4l80e Shift Pattern ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Manual 4l80e Shift Pattern ?

So I'm installing a B&M Quicksilver shifter for use with a 4l80e and I'm perplexed by the apparent extra gear in the shift pattern. For those not familiar with this style shifter, it has an 'upper' straight gate portion for the non-drive gears, and a 'lower' ratchet shift pattern for the drive gears.

I took measurements of the push/pull cable in each shifter position to try and figure out what shifter position corresponds with what gear on the transmission. This is shown in the picture below:

The lower portion should be the 4 drive gears and I guess Neutral at the very end. So that means the upper pattern is likely:
P - R - Mystery Gear - N

The instructions keep referencing a Drive gear, but I'm not sure what this means in reference to a non-computer controlled trans. I've been assuming Drive = 4th.

Regardless, I'm still baffled that there will be a position on the shifter that will put the trans in between gears.

Any suggestions/comments on what this means? I'm sure it's likely I'm missing something very basic, but I just have no experience with auto transmissions.
Old 06-30-2014, 02:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The top section is PRN4
The bottom section is N4321

As soon as you go into 4th from park, it will drop down into the lower section (still in 4th).

Quick Reply: Manual 4l80e Shift Pattern ?