Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New 2000 SS owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2000 SS owner

Hello all I am a 30 year old from Yorktown, Indiana. I am not a new f-body owner per say I have owned many over the years. I have a 69 Firebird in my garage that I am working on. I use to have a 97 z28 that I bought when I was in college but unfortunately I had to sell it about 5 years ago because I was short on cash. Ever since I sold it I missed that car I love the 4th gen F body. Recently my wife suggested I go out and look for something different to drive since my 99 jeep was getting long in the tooth. I looked and looked and last Friday I stumbled across a 2000 Camaro ss hard top with the T56. So I had to go check it out the sales team at the dealer did not know much about it except a older gentleman had traded it in. To me that was great news it was already a low miles car 70k. I did notice some good mods right away when I opened the hood. It had long tube headers, MSD 8.5 plug wires and a SLP Lid with the snorkel under the car. So I took it out for a test drive and was like wow this thing has some more power than normal for a LS1. I got out and asked the price and we haggled for a few days on it until yesterday we came to a agreement and I bought it.

Now here is where it gets interesting when I showed up to sign for the car the sales man handed me a thick folder and said this is all the receipts and invoices along with the previous owner gave them. Of course it had the normal oil change and brake pad receipts. But it also had a bunch of invoices from a Speed shop in IL along with some dyno sheets and today I looked over the car better and put it up on jack stands and verified most of the upgrades except for a few for obvious reasons right now. Here is the list of stuff I found and verified was done to the car.

Verified add-ons.
- SLP Air Lid and baffle
- SLP Full length Headers
- SLP Cats and Y pipe
- Smooth Bellows
- MSD 8.5 Plug wires
- BMR weld in tubular sub frame connectors
- Flowmaster Muffler
- LS6 Intake upgrade
- Hurst Short throw shifter
- ASP under drive Pulley
- Ported Stock Throttle Body 75mm
- ARE stage 1 stock ported and polished heads
-Comp cams Pushrods
-Comp cams Ovate valve springs

Add ons that are Unverified for now.

- Z06 cam

The dyno pulls were done on a
-The first one is dated 2-18-02 and Max Power was 387.1 and Max Torque was at 391.3

The second one is dated 6-25-06 and Max Power was 426.2 and Max Torque was at 417.2.

So I have 2 main questions.
Does this parts list if you include the parts I have not verified seem like it could put up those dyno numbers?

Second is the any good tuners with a dyno in the Muncie/Anderson area?

Here are some pics of the car Thanks

Last edited by Shuckman00; 06-28-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Old 06-25-2014, 03:59 PM
Teching In

If you're including whats not been verified then hell yes its possible! but I cant see how you wouldn't know with that cam tho you should most definitely hear it, even on 114 lsa. and as far as I know Mike Norris Is in Indy and hes pretty good from what I hear but I took my car to James Short at Shortuning and hes awesome! but hes in KY but well worth the drive. nice car. btw I'm down in southern Vigo.
Old 06-25-2014, 04:28 PM

It has a little lope but not real aggressive. I hope to get it on a dyno in the near future. But either way i think i have a good car to build off of.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shuckman00
It has a little lope but not real aggressive. I hope to get it on a dyno in the near future. But either way i think i have a good car to build off of.
I certainly think so too! Give our guys a call or shoot them an email if you have any questions when the modding begins.
Old 06-26-2014, 05:43 PM

I forgot to mention I was a GM service tech for 10 years. I started as a apprentice in high school at the age of 17. I went through the GM ASEP program that was available in my area and got a associates degree in Applied Science from all the schooling. I started in a Buick Cadillac dealer and got tired of repairing dull Buick's and Cadillac's it got very dull for me since I have always been into hot rods my whole life. It got to the point I didn't want to go out and mess with my cars anymore I was just burnt out. So I quit My father got me on at a factory and so far I like it 0 stress and I got the itch to mess with my first love cars. But I am keeping it strictly hot rods this time. I would like to meet up with some fellow car lovers in my area and meet new friends. I currently live in the Muncie/Anderson Indiana area and don't really know anybody around here since I moved here from Lafayette.Where are the hot rod shops in this area?

Thanks,
Old 06-26-2014, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Joey@Tick
I certainly think so too! Give our guys a call or shoot them an email if you have any questions when the modding begins.
I may take you up on that I am thinking of a cam swap.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:16 PM

Anyone in the Muncie/Anderson IN area?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:35 AM
Teching In

Nice car man! I live in New Palestine Indiana just south of Indy. I often times cruise to the Suds in greenwood off of US 31 on Saturday afternoons and then go to O Reilly auto parts at night on 31. It's a pretty cool car scene there but it would be a little longer of a drive for you. Looking forward to seeing your car on here more!
Old 07-04-2014, 02:10 AM
Teching In

car looking good. paint looks to be in great shape too

Quick Reply: New 2000 SS owner