Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Fng

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 12:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fng

Hey guys, been a long time lurker here and finally jumped through the ridiculous registration loops to sign up. Couldn't use my usual forum handle, had to submit my IP address to be put on the accepted list....what a pita. Anyways, I'm not here to gripe. I'm here because I love cool stuff! Especially when that stuff has an engine. I'm a self taught gearhead, working on cars out of interest and necessity. This interest led me to pursue engineering as a profession....why rely on someone else to design and build my parts right!? I have a couple builds under my belt. I really enjoy doing all my own work; engine building, trans building, diffs, suspension, fabrication, welding. Pretty much everything except body work haha.

My latest project is my old daily driver '99 Sonoma. I parked it almost 4 years ago after picking up my '06 TBSS. The SS has been a token of bad luck since I got it with string of ridiculous failures. Recently I built a forged LS2 with mild H/C setup and it's being going strong so now it's time to sell it. I love it to death but it's murdering me financially! The Sonoma will be getting a stock L33 and T56 setup in addition to new suspension, some cosmetics, and brake upgrade. Hoping to save at the pump and on stupid repairs.

Here's a couple pics of my junk piles:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Hoping to give back to the community here as much as I can. At least try and match the knowledge that I've sponged up from lurking for so many years haha.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice rides - welcome to LS1tech! It sounds like you'll be a valuable asset here.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! There's such a big technical presence here, a lot of guys who really know their stuff. Just my kinda place! I'll add in where I can haha

Quick Reply: Fng