Old 06-30-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default veter dragging badly!!!

hey guys i need some super sloppy help.
having issues with my 4l80e draging the veter and killing the car when stoped
car: 04 ctsv
motor:99 lq4
tranny: 08 JY 80e (out of a 08 3500 van)
shift kit: transgo hd-2 (drilled to jakes specs with no check ball in 3rd)
verter: patc billet quad disc
harness: spear-tech 80e add-on/standalone
tune:03 2500hd truck (6.0/80e)

this is all on jackstands the car has not driven on the street yet.
when shifted to R with my foot on the breaks the car will bog and the rpms will fall about 300 rpms or so but not die.

if i put it in in drive or any other gear with my foot on the break the car will bog and then die suddenly after about 5 seconds. almost like someone fliped a switch.

i have triple checked the wiring and it seems to be wired correctly.
i cheked all the noieds in the valve body and found the the force motor (main line pressure) was a little high on resistance. i replaced it with a brand new oem one. but still no change.

when i had the pan off to replace the force motor i noticed that there are a good amount of metal sheavings in the pan and oil.im sure the tranny will die at some point from this but it is shifting fine on the jack stands and would like to try and stick with it until i KNOW this is the cause of the verter dragging

we also tried a known good ecu out of a 03 2500 pickup with a efi live 80e tune. still the same.

with the force motor hooked direct to 12v at the battery the tranny acts just like a stock one. dosnt drag the veter and kill the car in gear will shift thought all the gears.
im at a loss here and cant afford to just go buy a whole new tranny until im sure that this one is unsaveabile and cant be fixed cheaply or atlset know what the exact cause is
Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

It may be the converter or it may be a flow issue with the pump in your trans.

Quick Reply: veter dragging badly!!!