Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 inch 3 channel ABS sensor

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 9 inch 3 channel ABS sensor

I think my sensor is taking a dump on me after being in the car for 9 months now. I've been getting intermittent ABS codes for the rear ABS sensor 55 and 56 performance and speed errors on the tech 2 for the back sensor.

I checked the wiring and ensure it was still good. It's anchored with zip ties in such a way not to put any strain on the ends.

95% of the time, it will be fine. Then I'll hit that 1 bump, or be slowing down or just a random moment on a smooth road and bam, the code pops up. Shutting off the car then turning on again lets the BCM realize the signal is fine. I think the sensor IS the problem because I've had it happen a few times while the car was sitting, no moving, even before even starting the car and seeing the ABS light triggered on. As soon as I start the car and start driving, sure enough the parking light is on confirming ABS code triggered.

Considering the random nature of it, I think its the ABS sensor is the problem.

Now here's the problem. Where can I get a replacement sensor?

EDIT: Called moser, they indicate the sensor is not a "standard" sensor and that it is modified to work in their kits. ie gotta call and order from them.

Last edited by SladeX; 07-02-2014 at 02:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 9 inch 3 channel ABS sensor