Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2000 GTP L26, Gen V blower, Cam, Built Trans

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 04:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 GTP L26, Gen V blower, Cam, Built Trans

Year: 2000
Make: Pontiac
Model: Grand Prix
Price: $4500
Mileage: 205000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IN
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Perfect daily driver

Pics in clist ad: http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/4537509818.html

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, currently has 205k miles on the body. Engine has 77k miles and transmission has 63k miles (see below for more details). I am the third owner of this car, bought it in April of 2007 with 82k miles on it. This car has been babied since I got it, but I have purchased a CTS-V so this car needs to go. This isn't your everyday GTP, but you can drive it everyday.

Engine
L26 Short block with 77k miles
ZZP VS Camshaft
New stock springs and LS7 lifters
Ported Heads
Gen V Supercharger with WBS modular pulley setup
ZZP Stainless headers
ZZP Downpipe
ZZP Underdrive Water Pump Pulley
ZZP 1.0 PCM
Walker Quietflow Stainless mufflers (doesn't sound terrible like most 3800s)
Motorsports Performance Cold Air Kit
TRE Performance 255lph fuel pump
WBS Upper Poly Motor Mounts, Napa lower and transmission mounts
Right now the car has the stock throttle body and injectors installed. I have a Northstar throttle body, LQ4 MAF, and 42.5 lb/hr Lucas injectors that will go with the car. I bought the CTS-V shortly after I swapped in this engine and then this car went to daily driver duty so I never messed with it further. It has a bung welded in the downpipe ready for a wideband and a tune. I have put 15k trouble free miles on this setup. Every gasket on the engine was replaced before it went in, as well as the water pump. MAF has less than 5k miles on it. I have always run Mobil 1 and Wix filters.

Transmission:
Triple Edge Performance Street/Street Rebuild with 66k miles on it
Triple Edge stock stall converter
Triple Edge trans cooler
3.29 gears
Just put axle seals in a few thousand miles ago
CVs have been replaced but I couldn't tell you the mileage on them

Suspension:
SSC 1" Lowering Springs
Monroe Sensa-Trac struts and mounts
GM Performance Parts Sway Bars
GM Performance Parts Trailing Arms
9C1 12" big brake kit
Power steering pump,steering rack, Moog tie rods and ball joints (and alignment) have 15k on them (replaced while engine was out)
Comp-G 17" wheels with 225/55/17 Goodyear Eagle GT tires (I have two extra of these tires that will come with the car)
Driver side wheel bearing has 5k miles on it. Passenger side is brand new (installed last week).
Wagner pads and rotors on all four corners have maybe 10k miles on them

Exterior:
20% tint on sides and back
Newer headlights with Sylvania Silverstar Ultras

Interior:
New drivers window regulator
Just put all new bulbs in the cluster last week (one was out so I put all of them in).

I'm sure there is more and if I remember I will update the post. Now for the bad:
ABS/Traction control does not work. It needs a new control module (it sets a code for the right front wheel speed sensor but the sensor scoped out a good signal and wiring ohmed out good). It didn't bother me so I never bothered to replace it.

A/C holds a charge for however long it feels like. I replaced the receiver/dryer, orifice tube, and all seals last year. It held a charge last summer but lost it over this winter. I recharged it, added dye, but cannot find the leak. So I used a sniffer thinking maybe evap core, didn't detect anything.

The body has normal dings and scratches for 205k miles. Fading on the top of the bumpers, if you're good with a buffer you could probably fix it. Has rust just starting to bubble at the rear of the rear wheel wells. Rockers have some rust.

The display on the radio doesn't work, but the heads up display does so you can know what channel you're on.

Located in Hartsville, IN (about one hour from Indianapolis, Cincinnati, and Louisville). Asking $4,500 OBO.

Quick Reply: 2000 GTP L26, Gen V blower, Cam, Built Trans