Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CETA exhaust anything special? Preparing to chop it off….

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 09:48 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CETA exhaust anything special? Preparing to chop it off….

I have 2002 CETA with 50k miles, bone stock, wanting to replace the cat back. Seems the stock is exhaust is just that - the same restrictive stock GM catback they put on the SS that year. Just curious if the CETA exhaust is anything special. I'm also torn as the car is bone stock, although with 50k miles I don't see an exhaust mod affecting the value.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't worry too much about a catback killing the value. If you're not sure about doing it, the stock exhaust can be removed without cutting it. You'll need access to a lift and have to unhook the shocks and swaybar to let the rear hang enough to slip it out. It's a pain, but it can be pulled out in one piece if you wanna save it.
Old 07-09-2014, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ThreeFiveSS
I have 2002 CETA with 50k miles, bone stock, wanting to replace the cat back. Seems the stock is exhaust is just that - the same restrictive stock GM catback they put on the SS that year. Just curious if the CETA exhaust is anything special. I'm also torn as the car is bone stock, although with 50k miles I don't see an exhaust mod affecting the value.
I would actually keep the stock catback exhaust system on your car and just run a cutout or cutouts if you want power.
Old 07-10-2014, 08:05 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Always2Slow
I would actually keep the stock catback exhaust system on your car and just run a cutout or cutouts if you want power.
^^^ This... My car in sig made 7hp more running Lt's with dual 3in into 3.5" cutout vs cutout closed running through stock catback.

Quick Reply: CETA exhaust anything special? Preparing to chop it off….