Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about 4l60e connector

Old 07-08-2014, 09:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about 4l60e connector

I was testing the connector at the transmission to determine if I have power because I believe it's in limp mode right now.

I want to double check I have the correct pin, since it's obvious in the service manual with the missing pins, but the actual connector looks symmetrical. I thought I found the correct pin, showing ~11v in run, but looking at a connector on eBay I'm not sure now. Didn't have enough slack to check behind the connector to check by wire color.

I believe I found 11v on the far right in the middle row, but looking at the connector it looks like the red power wire is on the left.

Can someone confirm all the transmission related fuses?

Old 07-08-2014, 11:17 PM

Received 386 Likes on 295 Posts

The inner part of the connector has a square "key" which is halfway between pins L and E. I don't see the key in the picture; it must be hidden on the left side.

This diagram might be useful to you:
http://www.trutechtrans.com/Topic-1-00-03.html

And here is a very detailed schematic:
http://www.msgpio.com/manuals/mshift/wiring.html
Old 07-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks ... I do remember the arrow molded on the connector for orientation, so assuming the arrow is only on one side and the key is on the left where main power is, the diagram would be mirrored. The ~11v I found on the right was probably not main power, I only checked one pin on the left side and got 0v. I'll crawl under again and do another test.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question about 4l60e connector