Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Snow tires for a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 07:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow tires for a GTO

Hey guys, I'm looking into buying the GTO. One of the problems I think I'll experience would be driving during the winter with this car. I live up here in Buffalo NY, and believe me, the winters are horrible. I'm just wondering if snow tires are available for the car and if anyone can send me a link to a site that sells them so I can get a better idea about the price.

Any suggestions would be great

Thanks
Old 05-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

I got the winter tires for my Firebird from TireRack. I took a quick look at their site and didnt see a package for the GTO up there. Then again, this is spring so it may not be currently available. If you dont see it on their site, give them a call.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about a strictly winter tire, but Michelin Pilot Sport A/S (all-season) are awesome on my wife's Z28. They handled the snow and slush great. A night and day difference between them and the stock Goodyears.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

For the winter I have a set of Blizzak WS-50 tires on cheap steel wheels. These tires are great in the snow and slush.
For the summer I still have the stock Goodyear Eagle GS-C tires on the stock chrome wheels.

Quick Reply: Snow tires for a GTO