Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Comp R lifters.

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Comp R lifters.

A friend of mine purchased and installed some Comp R lifter's, and it's sounds as if one or more of them are bad after only 450 miles. He called where he purchased them from and they told him that he needed to run adjustable rockers with these lifters or they will fail. Is this true? They told him that that was common knowledge, yet failed to mention it when they sold them to him. I don't know how much of this story is true but would like to know if you are supposed to run adjustable rockers with the Comp R's. Thanks for any help.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DangeRuSS
A friend of mine purchased and installed some Comp R lifter's, and it's sounds as if one or more of them are bad after only 450 miles. He called where he purchased them from and they told him that he needed to run adjustable rockers with these lifters or they will fail. Is this true? They told him that that was common knowledge, yet failed to mention it when they sold them to him. I don't know how much of this story is true but would like to know if you are supposed to run adjustable rockers with the Comp R's. Thanks for any help.
If you do a search here, you will find that COMP does recommed adjustables with the COMPRs ... however there are plenty of people that run the R's without the adjustables (just shimming) and have not had issues (while other's have had some issues) ....

I had the chance to go with the R's in my setup I ordered from absolute speed and chose not too (as well as different springs so I didn't have to use the R's).

Crowley
Old 05-20-2004, 11:25 AM
FormerVendor

They do not require adjustables. But they do need the preload set CORRECTLY. I set them all the time with the Harland Sharp roller rockers without any issues.

Nate
Old 05-20-2004, 07:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude,i have stock rockers,comp r's and NO shims. i think all this preload is bull ****,all i did is tq-the rockers to 22lbs of tq on the c1 cam and now the g5x2 cam and i still have NO problems. people worry too much.
Old 05-20-2004, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mike c.
dude,i have stock rockers,comp r's and NO shims. i think all this preload is bull ****,all i did is tq-the rockers to 22lbs of tq on the c1 cam and now the g5x2 cam and i still have NO problems. people worry too much.
I agree. I run them tq'ed to 22ftlb and no issues.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:21 PM
TECH Addict

Another CompR's without adjustable rockers here. Got about 3000 miles so far, no problems.