Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LNC-2000 & FJO Nitrous Controller

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LNC-2000 & FJO Nitrous Controller

I have these two items and i plan to wire them in this weekend. im using a Dynotune wet plate system. I dont have a line lock and im not planning to use the 2 step. Every diagram i have found list one or the other if you could provide any assistance wiring this i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 04:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC-2000 with FJO

Since it doesn't appear that the FJO controller has a an output capability (timer out etc.) the only options that I can think of are:
  • Activate the LNC-2000 timing retard (orange wire) with your nitrous arming switch. This will mean it will be pulling timing before the nitrous becomes active.
  • Activate the LNC-2000 timing retard (orange wire) with one of the two stages of nitrous, like we show for the MicroEDGE+ on page 25 of the LNC-2000 instructions. To do this you would have the one stage not be progressive but just be used as an activation control for the LNC-2000 and have the other stage actually control your nitrous.

Be interested to know if anyone else has ideas on how else to do this.

Originally Posted by UsmcAlston
I have these two items and i plan to wire them in this weekend. im using a Dynotune wet plate system. I dont have a line lock and im not planning to use the 2 step. Every diagram i have found list one or the other if you could provide any assistance wiring this i'd greatly appreciate it. thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Would it work if I connected the orange wire to the solenoid itself when it fires it pulls timing then or will that not work? Also curious if the pulsing from the progressor will affect the voltage needed to pull the timing?
Old 07-24-2014, 11:15 PM
FormerVendor

Default LNC timing retard activation

You can't connect the activation wire to the solenoid itself if you are using a progressive controller because the solenoid is being pulsed on and off very quickly (usually in the range of 10 to 40 times a second). The timing retard activation wire on the LNC-2000 has to be a conventional constant +12vdc signal. If it pulses on and off the timing retard won't operate correctly (or at all).

Originally Posted by UsmcAlston
Would it work if I connected the orange wire to the solenoid itself when it fires it pulls timing then or will that not work? Also curious if the pulsing from the progressor will affect the voltage needed to pull the timing?
Old 07-25-2014, 08:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 4wheels
You can't connect the activation wire to the solenoid itself if you are using a progressive controller because the solenoid is being pulsed on and off very quickly (usually in the range of 10 to 40 times a second). The timing retard activation wire on the LNC-2000 has to be a conventional constant +12vdc signal. If it pulses on and off the timing retard won't operate correctly (or at all).

Thats what i was wondering. Thanks Guys i think i have a understanding of this a little better now..

Quick Reply: LNC-2000 & FJO Nitrous Controller