Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Introducing myself...right?? =P

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Introducing myself...right?? =P

Hello everyone!

So i'm new to ls1 tech. This also the first forum ive ever joined. So really quickly about myself, Im 18 years old, I live in Miami, Fl and my current car is a 1991 Chevrolet S10. So I'm guessing the only history that matters here is car history so here goes... The first car I ever worked on was my dads green 1949 Chrysler Windsor(ill post pictures of it once I figure out how) It had a 3.0L in line 6 with a prestomatic semi auto transmission. when I was 7 years old my dad and I tore the engine apart to rebuild it. I've been in love with everything mechanical ever since! At age 15 I got my restricted license and at age 16 I got it suspended for "reckless driving on public county highway"( I was doing 105 in a 70 zone in my cousins Mach 1) So at age 17 I got my very own first car, a rustmobile 1991 Chevy S10 with the 4.3L motor and the borg-warner/TREMEC t-5 5 speed transmission. I pulled the motor and sold it for $600, and $800 later($650 for motor, $150 in parts) I was dropping a 010 code 1984 four bolt main 350 from an 84 Corvette. Did it all myself in my back yard with kmart/autozone tools. In the following months I added an Exedy pro clutch, kooks headers, Edelbrock Performer RPM cams, edelbrock 4 barrel carburetor, and edelbrock chrome valve covers. Currently im going to sell the truck to my uncle for 2g's and im in the market to get an ls1 Camaro or trans am, and has to be M6. This will be coming soon, and mods within first couple of months include Valentine One police scanner(learned my lesson), 4.10 gears, full exhaust(havnt decided on combo yet), intake, tune, and complete fuel and ignition system. And that's about as far as it goes with me! I'm very excited to be a part of the community and I hope to meet as many cool people here as possible! See you on the road!! =P
Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 PM
Launching!

Good to have you here
Old 07-25-2014, 04:54 PM

Thanks!! Good to be here! I have my first question... how do I use the search to find info...example: if I wanted to look up recommendations for long tube headers....I type in "long tube headers" in the search and then???
Old 07-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Look at the listings in the different forums & see which one applies to what you want to look for (such as external engine), click on that listing. At the top right of that forum there is a tab that says "search this forum" type your search into there and push enter. A list of all of the threads that have what you were searching for will come up. Pick on each one of those until you find what you are looking for.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I find it easier, and I get better results doing something like this on google.

Best Longtube Headers site:ls1tech.com

The sites search is mediocre at best.

Hint: for a relatively stock car, Pacesetter headers are great.

Quick Reply: Introducing myself...right?? =P