Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Touch up paint for '02 bright red WS6

Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Touch up paint for '02 bright red WS6

I have a lot of chipping on my headlight covers and a few on my hood, little whit chips it looks like, but I would like to cover them up with the proper touchup paint. The previous owner touched up a few chips, but the colors is a deeper red and you can notice the difference between the touch up and the area around it.

Touch up paint for '02 bright red WS6-ecvjw9e.jpg
^^A picture of my car just to give an idea of the color, (bright red)
Old 07-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

There are tables on the internet you can find your color code. I used this when I got my wing painted, got a can of a paint from the body shop.

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcod...model=Firebird
Old 07-31-2014, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

I found the color code, but now I am unsure of what brand to go with. You can't see well in the picture, but my headlight cover is BAD, really bad... the think is loaded with white spots everywhere and looks terrible. I may just spray the whole thing, but I would rather touch it up first to see how it goes, then respray if all else fails. I will upload a better picture
Old 08-03-2014, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What state are you in? My brother and I own our own business doing touch up work for car dealers. The paint we use is ppg, it will last as long as the factory paint. It's the only kind that will stick and not come off.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Staging Lane

The paint code is WA9260-Victory Red. If you are concerned with it being an exact match have a local body shop mix a small batch of touch up paint for you so they can color match it. Victory red is notorious for fading, also excessive chipping can be a sign of a not so great respray anyway. PPG is good paint, but it is not "the only kind that will stick and not come off." Any major brand(I use Sikkens and HoK) is designed to stick, and not come off.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Jimbow
What state are you in? My brother and I own our own business doing touch up work for car dealers. The paint we use is ppg, it will last as long as the factory paint. It's the only kind that will stick and not come off.
I live in florida, tampa area
Old 08-06-2014, 01:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ARLS1
The paint code is WA9260-Victory Red. If you are concerned with it being an exact match have a local body shop mix a small batch of touch up paint for you so they can color match it. Victory red is notorious for fading, also excessive chipping can be a sign of a not so great respray anyway. PPG is good paint, but it is not "the only kind that will stick and not come off." Any major brand(I use Sikkens and HoK) is designed to stick, and not come off.
I bought some dupicolr touch up from advance auto, the pen part sucked but the brush worked great, color matched exactly(I have no faded paint, car has always been kept in the garage) only problem was the lumps it would leave so I am just going to sand them off with 2500 grit. If it doesn't work I will go to a shop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Touch up paint for '02 bright red WS6