Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

383 LT1 24x Built for Boost

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 09:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 383 LT1 24x Built for Boost

Category: Accessories
Price: $12345
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, Corvette
Location (State): WV
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LT1/LT4, Small Block
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Ok guys, gonna put this thing up for sale again to see if anyone bites. Ill start by saying UNLESS SOMEONE BUYS THE SHORT BLOCK IM NOT PARTING IT OUT. Heres what the story on this motor is. Its a 383 LT1 (lt4 block) 4 bolt main with splayed caps. It was assembled by Clayton Racing Engines out of Illinois about 3 years ago. Its got roughly 6000 miles on it. Last summer I had a lifter float and get sideways in the bore in the process wiping the cam. I proceeded to disassemble the motor down to the short block and begin upgrading the failed parts.

Heres what it has now:

4 bolt main LT4 Block machined by Clayton Racing Engines

Scat 4340 Crank

Manley H Beam 5.7 Rods (forged)

Mahle 26cc Dish Pistons (forged)

Dart Pro1 200 CC chambers with a fresh 5 angle valve job, port, polish, and resurface, as well as flow bench numbers (which ill have next week)

Jesel Shaft mount 1.5 Roller Rockers

Port matched LT1 intake with a 58mm TPiS throttle body and EGR delete plates

TCI sfi approved flex plate.

Miloden High volume oil pump

Canton deep sump pan and corresponding pickup tube

What I have to go with it

Fresh in the package Cometic head gaskets,

Port matched intake gaskets

Stock accesorys (ac delete) and timing cover

24x LS1 Coil on Plug management with LS1 PCM from EFI connection (harnessed for auto)

Vortech V1 s-trim with all needed LT1 brackets as well as a 10lbs and 12lbs pulley in addition to the stock from vortech pulley.

CX Racing front mount intercooler kit for an F-body

60# Siemens Deka injectors

Modified 8an LT1 fuel rails

What it needs

Obviously its going to need a cam. The one that was in it was a custom grind speced by CamMotion. With the headflow data and your setup they can spec you a new one for your goals and existing running gear.

Lifters and pushrods will also be needed. Again the folks at CamMotion should be able to help out here.

The bottom end while intact and in perfectly good shape could probably stand to be torn down and cleaned up just since its been setting open for awhile now.

It may need some hear and there gaskets and stuff like that to put it back together. I have a good amount of them laying around but ive never actually wrote out a list to see what I have and dont have.

So there it is... Its been 3 long years and I'm tired of fighting with it. I want to go a different route and build a big cube all motor LS for it and have some fun throwing it around a road course. In order to do that I need to atleast sell this build for enough to get started into something else.

Simular setups have easily made mid 700whp on 12-15lbs of boost with the right fuel setup. The bottom end in the motor is good to roughly 900 (where it reaches the limits of the block) My plan was to tune a safe 12Lbs and shoot for the mid 600hp range through and auto 4l80e and a moser 3.89 9inch rear.

Im going to throw a price out which is certainly negotiable and say $10,000 for the whole lot. I know thats not realistic though so please entertain me your offers. I would also be willing to let the short block go for $2,500 (also obo). If and when it goes ill itemize and part out everything else but the deal is it has to go first.

Id be lying if I said it didnt kill me to do this. Ive poured my heat and soul into this build and wanted to see it through, but prioritys change, and honestly i miss just being able to hop in the car and drive it. So here it is folks, make me some offers and have one of the baddest LT1's out there.

Quick Reply: 383 LT1 24x Built for Boost