Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Issue: Flex Plate, TC, 6L80e trans?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 10:23 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issue: Flex Plate, TC, 6L80e trans?

Hello,

I know this sections is for the 4L80 but I figured the companies that will be on here will have knowledge of the 6L80e as well as the user base here.

Car: 08' Pontiac G8 GT, Heads, cam ,stall, gear setup.

I was at the track in May and lost TC lockup at the track. Drove the car Two hours home and got a check engine light for a p0700 and the trans immediately shifted down to 5th gear. I cleared the code and it immediately shifted back to 6th. Well every couple minutes it would throw the code again, guessing it was trying to command lockup for cruise but couldn't, hence throwing the code. It also started making a moaning/groaning sound at idle while in Reverse or Drive at idle.

After taking the trans to a shop they told me I burnt the 3,5, R and 4,5,6 clutches as well and said I would be better off getting a different trans. So I purchased a trans from a forum member at grrrr8.net and sent my Coan TC off in the meantime. The TC report came back that it was brand new and nothing looked back, I also had them loosen it to a 3600.

Well after installing the new trans last night with the TC, the car makes the same horrendous noise it made on the way back from the track. I cant figure out what the **** it is, and its pissing me off. I looked at the flex plate and it looked fine, I did not unbolt it from the crank but will when I get it back apart. The flex plate is a Circle D. Its definitely coming from the bell housing area.

Here is the video of the noise....

Old 08-02-2014, 11:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump!

Quick Reply: Issue: Flex Plate, TC, 6L80e trans?