Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 Intake Manifold Re-Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2014, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS1 Intake Manifold Re-Assembly

Just about the time I had all of the mods ready for the upgrade, I found out I was retiring from the AF so I had to put the build on hold.

Having taken the intake manifold off along with one of the valve covers and the egr assembly off, I need to put it back together so I can drive it down to Texas.

The plan is to cap the egr off with a freeze plug along with placing EGR plates over the stock headers. There are to small barbed tubes coming off the rear of the ls1 intake manifold. What needs to be hooked up to those tubes with the egr and air gone? After 12 months, it is hard to remember since I had never actually done anything like this before
Lastly, there are 8 small rectangular blue o-rings that came off when I took the intake manifold off.. Where do those things go?

I might end up taking the car up to Patrick G in Victoria and getting this thing finished..

Thanks!

Shawn
Old 08-03-2014, 01:52 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The big barbed tube goes to the brake booster, and the small barbed tube on the pointed towards the passenger side is for the AC vacuum controls of the vents. The 8 rectangular go around the 8 ports at the bottom of the intake manifold.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
The big barbed tube goes to the brake booster, and the small barbed tube on the pointed towards the passenger side is for the AC vacuum controls of the vents. The 8 rectangular go around the 8 ports at the bottom of the intake manifold.
Thanks,

I should have been more clear on the 8 rectangular small blue gaskets. I just found out the small blue gaskets go to the EV1 connectors. They are not necessarily required.

Cheers,

Shawn

Quick Reply: LS1 Intake Manifold Re-Assembly