Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with my th350

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my th350

I swapped out my 4l60e for a th350 about 8 months ago in my 99 trans am. It is a manual body transmission with a ptc 3600 torque converter. Now on to the problem. Only being driven maybe once a month each month that I have had this transmission it has never given me any problems. Never slips, over heats, anything. Well I drove the car for maybe 20 mins a few weeks ago (not slipping or acting funny) I get home park it and cover it up. About two weeks later I get back in it to go for a little cruise and it is stuck in park. I pulled the center console off, shifter off, and then it will come out of park. But still revved up like it was in park or neutral. I jacked up the rear end lifting rear tires off the ground climbed underneath and manually shifted the car into first gear. Still nothing. And that's where I'm confused. First it was stuck in park then even after manually shifting it from underneath car I can't get the thing to do anything. I apologize for being so long. ANY opinions, comments, facts on this problem is GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:38 PM
Teching In

Maybe the nut on the shifter rod came off, can you feel the detents when you change gears?
Old 08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by oldtimelt1
Maybe the nut on the shifter rod came off, can you feel the detents when you change gears?
Yes I can feel them.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Teching In

Bump. Guys I need some input. Jacked the rear tires up. Manually shifted the car out of park by the shift rod on side of transmission. Still nothing. Revs up like it's in park. No reverse, No 1st, no 2nd, no 3rd.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Teching In

Pump was bad inside the transmission. Glad to see y'all could help me out a little....

Quick Reply: Problems with my th350