Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ARH's Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ARH's Installed

I finally installed my ARH's today. Actually, it just was not today, but rather taking 2-4 hours each day over the past 4 days as my schedule and time permitted. The headers are a stepped design 1 3/4 to 1 7/8. The biggest and most length part of my install was the removal of all the equipment. Talk about a tight fit of everything. Each day, I must have said, "oh sh$t" a hundred times. I just took my time since I was working alone and had very little time each day. When the time came to slip (try anyways) the new headers, I wrapped each side in an old t-short to prevent scratching and pushed both sides up without having to loosen or remove anything. They surely are a work of ART indeed. The catted y-pipe fit equally as well with everything lining up perfectly.
I do however have one issue. I am having trouble lining up and pushing down the oil dip-stick tube. Can anyone give me some suggestions?? I suppose I will need to give good ole' dad a call as I need someone to push/turn from above while I attempt to guide the ummm into the hole. This my sticking point, need help haha...
Thanks guys...
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats man cause you will love them! I went with the 1 3/4 and they fell right in. With the stainless Y and ARH high flow cats it made my sound change alot. It knocked alot of the rasp and drone out of the LM1, but I liked it anyway.Yea, I did mine when it was snowing, and 30 degrees under a open carport over some time like you. Just couldn't wait to crawl under and get them on! I had a son who was the one who did all the hard work who I owe it all too. He talked me into them! I had problems with my oil stick and to this day it drags coming out and I use both hands to push it back in. Just never got around to fixing it.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It had to run day and night difference with the 1/34 arh I bet you gained power all the way around like low end to mid and top end
Old 08-06-2014, 01:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For myself, I had to trip the bolt down on the dipstick bolt to fit past the header flange. That may or may not be your issue.

Did you do motor mounts? Tune?
Old 08-07-2014, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

I had a similar issue with the dipstick tube. I inserted it fully but was unable to bolt it to the head, so it remains unsecured.
Old 08-07-2014, 05:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fruitsalad
I had a similar issue with the dipstick tube. I inserted it fully but was unable to bolt it to the head, so it remains unsecured.
Did you also install the ARH brand??

Thanks
Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by cali_bear2003
Did you also install the ARH brand??

Thanks
Yes, ARH 1 7/8s.
Old 08-08-2014, 06:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just to let everyone know, these things fit like a glove. I did not have to remove or loosen a single item. They were however, very expensive, so I did pay for this fitment.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by idle
For myself, I had to trip the bolt down on the dipstick bolt to fit past the header flange. That may or may not be your issue.

No, I did not install new motor mounts since new st
Old 08-15-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by idle

No, I did not install new motor mounts since new stock mounts were installed 7,000 miles ago. Also, no tune yet as I have other things that I am doing. Besides, as crazy as this may sound, I have only gone through 1/2 tank of fuel so far this summer.....shameful I know.....

Quick Reply: ARH's Installed