Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

9 inch rear guys step in please

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9 inch rear guys step in please

I have a Moser 9inch rear that I'm getting ready to assemble and want to know if I can put it in my 98 trans am t56 with out changing the drive shaft? Because if I have to change the driveshaft I'm just going to go ahead and put in my built powerglide so i only have to pay for 1 driveshaft. Just trying to keep the down time to a minimum. I searched but didn't find the info I was looking for tho I know I've seen it before...
Old 08-10-2014, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a stock ls1 driveshaft in my t56/9in car for a few weeks while I waited for my pst to show up...
Old 08-11-2014, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by quickkris2006
I have a Moser 9inch rear that I'm getting ready to assemble and want to know if I can put it in my 98 trans am t56 with out changing the drive shaft? Because if I have to change the driveshaft I'm just going to go ahead and put in my built powerglide so i only have to pay for 1 driveshaft. Just trying to keep the down time to a minimum. I searched but didn't find the info I was looking for tho I know I've seen it before...
The stock shaft will work, but is a tad too short to be right. You will need a conversion u-joint as the new 9" will be a 1350 series yoke.

Give us a shout if you need any parts or when you are ready for the new driveshaft. We have all the options on driveshafts from seamless mild steel all the way to carbon fiber, and the lowest prices guaranteed!

Quick Reply: 9 inch rear guys step in please