Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power during wide open throttle ***help help help***

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power during wide open throttle ***help help help***

here are my mods so everyone knows how to go about it
- LS6 Intake
- 243 Heads
- MS3 Cam
- MTI Racing P/P Throttle Body with Spacer
- K&N Ram Intake
- TSP Long Tube
- ORY to a Hooker Cat Back
- SLP U/D Pulley

this built is pretty new only about 1000 miles on it, so everything was working fine until the other day when i was having fun on the freeway then i wasn't able to accelerate fast on WOT, it will gradually get there but power will not come into play. the next day car ran fine, but after a couple WOT the car becomes very sluggish as if it were a manual and you kept it in 6th gear all the time. no codes... so i then back probed all the harness from the TPS sensor all the way to the PCM and it checked out just fine .86v at idle and 4.89 WOT while car was on and off. i then figured maybe it was a fuel system issue so i tested the fuel pump from the strainer valve and it filled a jar to 16oz in 20 seconds which is OEM specs, at that point i also changed the fuel filter. i then did another test drive and had a little more time to play with it before it got sluggish again, but know if i turn the car off and restart it i get one more WOT experience before the sluggish mode gets into play. i looked all over this forum and didn't see a similar post to answer my complaint. so please if your a technician or had a problem like this please any input would be appreciated. I'm going to take it back to my tuner next Monday until then I'm up for whatever mechanical test i can run on it before i see my tuner and hopefully its a simple fix.