Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Questions---What is this and what does it do?

Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Electrical Questions---What is this and what does it do?

This is near the PCV valve on the front passenger side head. Is it some kind of ground wire?

do I just let it dangle in mid air? there is a slit in the rubber tubing around the PCV do I slide it into there? It doesn't seem to have a perfect fit in that slit, but that is the only space for it.

I don't want to short anything out.

--second question, I am completing my Fast 92 intake and NW 92 tb install. I did a AIR and EGR delete, do I let the electrical connections of the main harness for those obsolete components just fly now? or is there a cap I can get?
Attached Thumbnails Electrical Questions---What is this and what does it do?-photo-1-2-.jpg   Electrical Questions---What is this and what does it do?-photo-2-2-.jpg  
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 PM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 08-14-2014, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

That is a ground strap for the PCV system...not really needed and I am not sure why GM thought it was necessary. For the EGR connector you can either let it hang or cut it off. I have mine taped to the underside of the harness so its not really an eyesore. Make sure you have those tuned out as well, but since you have a FAST intake and TB you probably know it has to be tuned anyway.

Good luck
Old 08-14-2014, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

So can I just let the PCV ground strap just hand as well. Will there be a problem if the metal touches the engine block?
Old 08-16-2014, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Can I just remove this wire?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Electrical Questions---What is this and what does it do?