Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

18x9 smoothie IIs on my 2001 SOM Z28

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2004, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 18x9 smoothie IIs on my 2001 SOM Z28

I got my 18x9 Boyd Coddington Smoothie IIs wrapped with 275/35/18 Falken FK451 tires yesterday from Discount Tire Direct. Polished them up last night and was able to install them today when I got home from work. Here are the first pics. tell me what you think
Attached Thumbnails 18x9 smoothie IIs on my 2001 SOM Z28-smoothies-driver-side-1.jpg   18x9 smoothie IIs on my 2001 SOM Z28-smoothies-passenger-side-1.jpg   18x9 smoothie IIs on my 2001 SOM Z28-smoothies-rear-angle.jpg  
Old 05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks badA man. Lower that bitch, lol.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:21 PM
TECH Regular

Looks pretty good. Will look even better when you drop your car down an inch or two.
Old 05-21-2004, 09:29 PM
On The Tree

my thoughts exactly.

what springs will be the best to drop it just enough to lose the gap between the tire and the fender well? I don't want to drop it too low because I have to drive it year round (I have a 2nd set of rims for winter).

If I get lowering springs do I [U]need[/U] to get different shocks or are the stock ones OK? I know different shocks might be "better" but I don't have a problem with the stock ones and they are in great shape. Plus my funds are a little low after buying the rims and tires. But if new shocks are required when lowering the car then please let me know.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your stock shocks should be alright. You might want to go with a set of Eibach's. A pro kit to be exact. It will take that gap right outta there. And its not that hard to install either. You can do it yourself in your driveway with the right tools...

You know, I was looking at a car just like that when I was home last time. It was in Franklin, MA......I was checking it out for months on autotrader.com. But it was gone when I got home last Dec. Nice car.

Rob
Old 05-22-2004, 02:05 AM
Staging Lane

Wow...going mudding soon? ;-)
Old 05-22-2004, 02:28 PM
On The Tree

bastard
Old 05-22-2004, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
your stock shocks should be alright. You might want to go with a set of Eibach's. A pro kit to be exact. It will take that gap right outta there. And its not that hard to install either. You can do it yourself in your driveway with the right tools...

You know, I was looking at a car just like that when I was home last time. It was in Franklin, MA......I was checking it out for months on autotrader.com. But it was gone when I got home last Dec. Nice car.

Rob
that's my car. I bought it from the dealership in Franklin MA. I traded in my 96 Impala and they gave me a deal I couldn't refuse. I also was checking out the car for months on Autotrader before I went to see it....sorry man
Old 05-22-2004, 04:48 PM
Staging Lane

Those wheels look badass man

Dont mean to be an *** or anything....but that wheel gap looks like u dont even have a motor in the car....sorry....but I have DMS lowering springs and Bilstein HD shocks on mine and I think it is be the perfect drop. I wouldnt put springs on without the shocks though....they made a huge difference!! Check out my sig pics

-Brian
Old 05-22-2004, 11:19 PM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bucklwi1, no problem.....I was really looking for a black on though....I even sent my father over there to look at it for me. But he wasnt much help, he said that he didnt like the color. I actually saw that car there when I came home in Feb 2003. But I wasnt in the market for one at the time yet, and was about to go to Iraq for the first time (am there agian now) But my parents live in Bellingham, as a matter of fact, I think I saw your impala there when I was car shopping last December.....it was black right? real clean?? Anyways, I bought a 00 SS vert in E. Bridgewater, got a sweet deal on it, and drove it back to Cali Now its sitting in my garage waiting for me to get back from Iraq......nice car brother....

Rob
Old 05-24-2004, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bucklwi1
my thoughts exactly.

what springs will be the best to drop it just enough to lose the gap between the tire and the fender well? I don't want to drop it too low because I have to drive it year round (I have a 2nd set of rims for winter)

Hotchkis 1" drop springs w/stock shocks will work perfect. No more 4x4
Old 05-24-2004, 10:00 AM
Motorboater

rims look great.

what's it like driving an fbody SUV though?

sorry, had to
Old 05-27-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Awsome car and the wheels look real good bro. Gotta love SOM! But I agree that for some reason the front of your car looks very high. Probably just the way your car is sitting. I would go with the Eibach Prokit, and then if you have some extra money go ahead and get the revalved bilsteins. You can get this combo from Sam Strano. I had the prokit and bilstein HDs on my TA, but the revalves would be even better. By the way, the set up was awsome! You can check it out on my TA. The link is in my sig.