Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello from Washington state.

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from Washington state.

How are you guys doing? My name is Jerry, and I'm the new owner of an 01 Chevy Camaro SS with only 3600 miles. Thing is sweet, it's Alpine white with black hides, came with all original stickers from dealer, and even still had the floor mat coverings from the dealer. Anyways, bought it to be my daily driver (sorry to those of you who may be collectors or whatever), and I may mod it out down the road, probably when I hit 15000 or so. For now though, I've already ordered a skip-shift eliminator (hate that thing!), and going to get a short throw as well, which brings me to a question for you all.

Mine comes with a stock shifter, not a hurst or anything, but just straight GM stock. Now, I've been looking and I can either get a MGW, Pro 5.0 (etc.), entire short throw, or they sell these sticks that bolt onto the stock shifter that take like 2" down. So I wonder if you guys have tried the stick option instead of the entire shifter? I read that just shortening the stick can make shifting harder. I've also read good stuff about the MGW short throw, like how easy it is to shift and what not. So, what do you guys think, spend the money and get the MGW (I've decided I'm going with that one if I do buy the whole short throw), or just the stick to bolt onto the factory shifter?

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: Hello from Washington state.