Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

And Another G'day from Australia

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default And Another G'day from Australia

Hi everyone,
Yep, another from far further south. My LS1 hasn't rolled up yet...but its on the way.

Building a 57 Chevy 4 door station wagon into a sedan delivery. Old SBC 350/Muncie have come out and panel work is partially done by a talented local panel beater.

Going to run a LS1 & 4 speed auto and probably a modified EL falcon diff.

I'm in the state of Western Australia (yep we don't have real adventurous state names haha) - Been working on this one for a while. Soon as I work out the picture posting thing I'll put a few up.

Got a guy lined up to do the harness and computer to make the thing run, still looking at fuel line options and more importantly pump options for the odd shaped 57 wagon fuel tank. Thinking maybe a new tank from Tanks Inc is a good thing regardless and run line out of the tank to big inline filter, then an inline pump, then a smaller filter and onto the fuel rail. Been advised to use one of the in tank stealth pumps from Aeromotive but having it all outside the tank "in line" has it advantages too.

Gotta work out the fuel line, this is my first venture into EFI. Previously been carbed SBC or solely LPG SBC.

Jumped in the deep end and paddling like mad. Figure there's plenty of smarter brains here I can ask

All the best
peter
Old 08-18-2014, 06:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently it was this...

and

out with this

Oh and one side is now starting to look like this...

Gunna be a lot of work, with the whole injection, ECU and other black arts magic electrickery mystery...it'll be a steep learning curve.

I used to be fairly well up with technology, then 1995 arrived and I haven't got a lot further ;-)

Being in Australia and this going to be a Sedan Delivery we're converting it to Right Hand Drive. If I'd left the glass in it, I would have continued to drive on the left hand side of the road (as you do here) but woulda left it Left Hand Drive (or left hook as its often known).

However with the loss of so much glass its waaaaay safer with less blind spot to convert to RHD.
Using a RHD rack n pinion, converting the front brakes to disc and...yeah well we might finish it one day ;-)

Last edited by ripperpotamus; 08-18-2014 at 06:52 AM.

Quick Reply: And Another G'day from Australia