Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just now ordered arh long tube headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I just now ordered arh long tube headers

I went with arh 1/34 with catted y pipe just want to know what kind of power will I be making my car is 99 camaro ss a4 I already have Slp lm 1 and I have Slp air lid Slp ram air kit tb bypass pp tb from potz and ls6 intake non egr black wing filter and when I have the headers on I'm also going to have it dyno tuned so what am I going to get with the tune thanks
Old 08-22-2014, 05:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

20-25 hp.

nice choice of LTs.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Good choice on getting a catted y - pipe with that LM1. It sounds like crap with a ORY and longtubes
Old 08-22-2014, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys it took me along time to get these headers I had my heart set on these headers for along time I mean I could of went with lower grade but that's not what I wanted I want great fitment and most powerful headers money can buy with out me having any problems later down the road I know they are expensive but you pay for what you get
Old 08-22-2014, 04:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99 ss
Thanks guys it took me along time to get these headers I had my heart set on these headers for along time I mean I could of went with lower grade but that's not what I wanted I want great fitment and most powerful headers money can buy with out me having any problems later down the road I know they are expensive but you pay for what you get
You will be very pleased with your order. That's the same set up as me as far as ARH with high flow cats and their Y, along with the LM1. I was amazed how it took alot of the rasp and drone out. Even tho I always liked it anyway. The install was done in 30 degree while snowing under a open carport. I said if I'm doing it at this price then I'm doing it one time. Damn glad I did!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I can't wait for mine did you feel a big difference with these headers like low end and or did you feel all the way around power and did you ever get it Dyno tuned sleeping hawk
Old 08-23-2014, 08:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

It was one of those seat of the pants feeling! It felt like the power was so much better all the way around. I wish I had done a before and after dyno but never got the chance to compare it. Soon as I did the headers, I did the underdrive pulley new gears, and axles, then had John (mechanic) tune out codes and do the speed odometer and other things. Then later got it tuned by Frost.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:23 AM
Launching!

I recently had Kooks headers and catted true duals put on mine. Everything sleepinghawk said is spot on. It really is a night and day difference plus it's going to sound great. ARH and Kooks are the two best headers you can go with on these cars, definitely a solid choice!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yea I can't wait for mine did you feel a big difference with these headers like low end and or did you feel all the way around power and did you ever get it Dyno tuned sleeping hawk
I installed my newly ordered ARH's just 2 weeks ago. My aplication is a stock LS6 long block, ls6 intake and now full bolt-on's thru an A4. My headers are 1 3/4 stepped to 1 7/8's. I had JBA shorty's with stock cat's and an SLP y-pipe thru a Magnaflow cat back. I have never driven nor rode in an LS1 4th gen so I can not say how they feel, but my LS6 powered car runs and pulled smooth like a freight train to 6500+ rpms. The delivery was smooth, controlled and very hard with a nice throaty sound and being 100% California legal. After the ARH install, I feel as though I lost responsiveness in the bottom end until 3500 rpm's. However, above that #, the power comes on hard and almost violent now in comparison to smooth. At cruising speeds around town 35-40 mph, everything is quieter, but hit it and the animal comes to life. The fit of the headers and catt'd y-pipe was like a glove with zero issue's. I had to remove nothing. I also do not yet have a tune and badly need one now.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow you guys all have nice set ups can't wait to put my arh headers on with dyno tune and later will be a yank ss 3600 stall
Old 08-23-2014, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And I'm going to take my car to the ws6 store and have them put them on and they are going to dyno tune it for me all well so I'll let you guys know how it went and tell you guys how much I gained before and after
Old 08-23-2014, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

And I'm going to take my car to the ws6 store and have them put them on and they are going to dyno tune it for me all well so I'll let you guys know how it went and tell you guys how much I gained before and after
nice,have fun with it.

Quick Reply: I just now ordered arh long tube headers