Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Off to the GM dance

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off to the GM dance

My name is Rob and I am a new to the GM game as I have found myself a 93 Firehawk with a supposed rare build. Looking for more info and possibly a way to verify all of my research. I do have an album up of the car and look forward to learning the forum.
I have been a professional tech and recently sold a shop. Not new to the car/mod scene, just to the GM version.
I also have 03 Jetta wagon with a project TT swap that is currently being prepped for transplant and a 2003 Honda Civic with a K20A3 swap on an Acura RSX 6 speed that has been completed and is on the street.
Feel free to ask if you feel I can lend an answer or input I shall certainly try to help.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey welcome.
Do you have any better pics of the car? Because I may have some bad news for you, it doesn't look like a firehawk. You are missing the hood and wheels, and it doesn't look like it says "FireHawk" on the lower door. Aslo from what I've seen researching they only made the firehawk in the formula version(low rise spoiler, different from bumper) and yours is a Trans Am.
This is a 1993 Firehawk for comparison:
Old 08-24-2014, 01:59 PM

Thank you for the response. I have been in the same boat trying to dis-prove this to myself, that is why I joined. I don't have better pictures yet, however, I do have the VIN decode sheet from Berger Chevrolet and RPO codes from the same document that coincide with the RPO sheet on the car itself. The VIN decode is as follows:
2: Canadian Built
G: General Motors
G: Suzuki
2: Pontiac
FV: Formula Convertible
2: Two-Door Hatchback liftback (07, 08, 77, 87)
2: Active (manual) Belts w/driver & passenger inflatable restraint system
P: ENG OPT - LT1 DISP - 5.7L CYL - V8 FUEL SYS - MFI DIV - 1,2 PROD IN - U.S.
4: Check Digit
P: 1993 Model Year
2: Moraine (T&B) OH
2: STE THERESA PQ
214603: Production sequence

I do agree that this appears, in all sense, to be a Trans AM, i also have read (but can not yet verify) that there were issues with SLP not labeling "W66" codes on some Firehawks. I don't know the legitamacy of this statement and therefore have left it out of my other posts. I only bring it up now, as you seem as though you are well versed in the Firehawk/Trans Am issues, is this true?
As we can clearly see, this is not a convertible, so I have thrown most of my conventional opinions of these cars right out the window.
http://firehawk.org/article/1352.html
This is the page that I have found use of, if there is another, please let me know. Thank you for your input. -Rob

Last edited by ReconR1; 08-24-2014 at 02:48 PM.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Wait lets back up a sec, what makes you think this is a firehawk in the first place, I never caught that?
Check out this site:
http://www.firehawkowners.com/options/make/1.html
It seems the RV6 code is for the Firehawk formula, and it appears they didn't make a firehawk trans Am until '98 (something I didn't realize).
Look like you just have a regular Trans Am to me.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:35 PM

I have been getting a lot of information this past week about this thing. I have been in contact with GM and I am awaiting return contact. A story about executive built cars and the 6EK, 7EK, 8TH & 9TH suspension codes not being available until certain model years. I truly am on a fact finding mission and have worked off of a process of elimination from websites. Websites having some unverifide presumptions, that, until I can get confirmation in writing, I do not know what it is, just that it has options that don't seem to line up with any of the Trans Am build number and or options. What does "1,2 PROD IN - U.S." mean? To me, that says it was 1 of 2 built in the U.S., and the '93 Firehawk with a "1SA" build code were the only 2 produced in 1993,if I am incorrect, please point me in the right direction, any information would be helpful. Again, I have a printout from Berger Chevrolet that has all of the RPO code descriptions listed, I will try to get it scanned in and posted. -Rob
Old 08-28-2014, 01:54 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
[I]t appears they didn't make a firehawk trans Am until '98 (something I didn't realize).
There weren't any Firehawks in 1998 (except for some prototypes or whatever).

The only Trans Ams that SLP had anything to do with for the LT1-powered cars were the 95-97 Comp T/A and 96/97 WS6. That's it.

Quick Reply: Off to the GM dance