Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Pontiac Formula m6

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Pontiac Formula m6

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $6000
Mileage: 83000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): FL
Color: Blue
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive

Well, with about 6 months of thought, I am putting my 02 MBM Formula up for sale. I bought this car in 2012 with about 70,000 on it, one owner and bone stock. Since then, I have researched for years on this website and have modified it through my research.

Today, the car has a smudge over just 82,000 miles on the clock. List of modifications are:

-SLP Lid
-Potz P&P TB
-FTRA
-Hooker Aerochamber CB with 3" Corsa exhaust tips
-MGW short shifter
-TSP LT's and Y-Pipe (no cats)
-PCM4Less Tune
-Iridium spark plugs and new wires put on about 6,000 miles ago
-Poly motor mounts
-Dashmat dash cover
-Slotted front and rear brakes, new Hawk brake pads all put within 8,000 miles
-20 percent window tint on windows

I have never taken this car to the track, so I could not tell you any 1/4 times. In fact, I've barely driven this car since I bought it almost 3 years ago (just maybe 10-12k driving). Never driven in bad weather, I refuse to take this out in the rain.

Interior is in great shape, the seats show pretty much no wear. I added the dashmat because like many Florida cars, the sun started fading the dash (Normal for a 12 year old Florida car, almost ever car I've owned had this issue)

Mechanically wise, I've had zero issues since I have bought this vehicle. My one exception (and if you look at my posts I did post this issue), was a CEL light that would come on. This was caused due to a computer issue, and when I sent my ORIGINAL PCM in and got it re-tuned, it solved all issues. With only 80k on the clock, she is just getting started for a new life with someone. Transmission and clutch are in good shape.

The exterior does show SOME signs of being a 12 year old car. I had an accident with a lawn mower about 2 years ago, and a rock chipped a less than dime-size piece of paint off the rear driver side fender. Other than that (and it is minor, I just never went to touch-up paint and clear coat it), your normal wear and tear. She is not coming off the showroom floor, but damn it is one clean ride.

Upon buying, I noticed the antenna on the back of the car has broken (it's missing about 2 inches off the top of antenna wire) I never got around to replace because I do not listen to the radio, so I didn't care. Has Monsoon stereo, and a blown rear speaker (also, never listen to radio or music, let the exhaust give me the nice sounds) upon buying that I did not replace either.

I do not want to sell this car, I have wanted one of these since I was a freshman in high school in 2000. Finally bought "my dream car", then I realized having two vehicles was not something I needed. My window cleaning business went down when I got hurt, and now I am paying 260 a month for a car I barely use, not to mention the extra insurance costs. And with the lists of mods, I found out you gotta PAY TO PLAY boys. After about 3-4k in mods, she is exactly how i would want her. However, it's time to let go and let someone enjoy this beautiful ride.

I am looking to sell her so I can pay off the loan, and begin eliminating my credit card debt. I have a 2004 Nissan Frontier who has gotten jealous of all the attention to her sibling (Hey, at least it's not my girlfriend getting jealous lol) and now showing signs of age and I can only wait until the repairs begin (At 160k miles, she has been bulletproof the last 6 years). I can't clean windows out of the Formula (Try fitting 2 eight foot ladders on the top....not gonna happen lol) so this has to go.

I would like to sell for 6900. My payoff is around 6,900. I am pretty much out of funds due to the summer downtime for my line of work (Winter's coming soon, thank god). However, as I am in no DIRE NEED to sell (I can still make payments), every month if it is not sold I can post a reduction price. At 14 percent interest ( and I have 760 credit scores....but when you finance a vehicle over 7 years....yikes. My truck was 4 percent interest, in comparison), can't really say the payoff will go down much, but hey, every dollar counts and I will try to sell on here to someone who I know will ENJOY and take care of this vehicle. I am not looking to make a huge profit off this car, I understand it is not the TRANS AM and therefore the resale puts me at a base Firebird for some reason.

In closing, this car is ready for the road. With the right upgrades, she is ready to be your weekend warrior. I can only hope my girlfriend doesn't leave me now that the sexy beast is on the way out () With the payment gone, and my insurance out, I am looking at saving almost 350 a month in my pocket. Then I can start paying down my modifications debt, and focus on a newer truck to continue my window cleaning business (I don't mind paying a payment on a car I drive for work, not something that sits in my garage and gets taken out maybe once a week)

I will try to post pictures, I don't have a good digital camera and my phone doesn't take that great of quality pictures. Thanks, would love to sell to someone in the local FLORIDA Group. Naturally, no trades. If nobody is interested, no worries, I can look into different ways to figure out how to pay off the loan. She will be enjoyed regardless, but I feel she needs a home with an actual gear head. I love this car, but with the way the economy is, I need every dollar I can save for the future.

Thanks,
Kenny D

2002 Formula m6

IMAG0912

Last edited by xxKennyDxx; 05-19-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

Bump. Price reduced to 6900, what I currently owe. Don't miss out on a great car
Old 09-04-2014, 08:38 AM
On The Tree

All PMs replied.

Pics will be up by the weekend. My camera phone does not do it justice, also has been raining so no new exteriors. Will do a walkthrough video as well.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys, finally got a camera and the rain finally stopped after 3 days.

2002 Pontiac Formula m6-image.jpeg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-image-2-.jpeg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-image-3-.jpeg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-image-4-.jpeg
Old 09-07-2014, 12:20 PM
On The Tree

2002 Pontiac Formula m6-photo-1.jpg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-photo-2.jpg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-photo-3.jpg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-photo-4.jpg
2002 Pontiac Formula m6-photo-5.jpg
Old 09-07-2014, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-07-2014, 12:25 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-07-2014, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

http://vid28.photobucket.com/albums/...psf21d076b.mp4
http://vid28.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6b78feac.mp4
http://vid28.photobucket.com/albums/...psf9ed92d2.mp4

Walk-Around Videos. As you can see...this is a clean...clean ride. Enjoy guys, any other questions you may have--feel free to PM me.

Last edited by xxKennyDxx; 09-07-2014 at 01:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn i wish you were closer
Old 09-07-2014, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by anotherreject04
Damn i wish you were closer
Thanks for the interest man. You guys know....hard to let go. But, it is .....JUST A CAR ()....or at least that's what I will tell myself. ().

Clean ride, I will go as far as to say the interior is damn near immaculate. Never smoked in (at least to my knowledge). It has T-TOPS, to be honest I have yet to even taken them off and drive (I know, I know....but when it's 109 with the Heat index, that A/C is on). I forgot to mention, my tune is for 93 Octane gas. Speaking of the A/C, it is ice cold. I think the belt needs to be replaced, it is showing some signs of wear.

I would like to just say, I am not a mechanic. I had a good friend of mine (he is on the forum too, somewhere) do all the work for the modifications. To my knowledge, she is ready to roll fellas. I took some engine pics...I could eat off that bad boy. I have been as detailed as I could on this ad, to try to answer everyones questions on just what you will be getting. This will make someone's day.

Last edited by xxKennyDxx; 09-07-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Heisenberg bump
Old 09-10-2014, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ttt for my favorite combo and a great deal. wishing it was mine haha
Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Pm sent, very interested.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

All PM's replied. Thanks for the interest. Cleanest Formula this side of Florida
Old 09-13-2014, 12:51 PM
Launching!

ugh.... 587mi to Port St Lucie... why oh why can't you be closer?!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:40 AM
On The Tree

Bump. Made a payment...price reduced!!!

Currently on hold until early october for a member on here. If he does not buy, I will go in a first come basis and the other two people will get their chance.
Old 09-29-2014, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Muscle Car Monday bump!

Price REDUCED! Just made another payment, now the price is just 6500 (My loan payoff value).

Currently have 3 buyers in wait. I will wait for some of our brothers in service to get deployed home this month, and see where we go from here.

Would also just like to state, I am firm in price-- can't sell for less than I owe which is 6500.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:56 AM

Darn, I wish you were closer to me.!! I got $$ 6,000 Cash in hand..Darn it !!
Old 09-30-2014, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Price looks very reasonable for what you have. I just picked up a 2002 Formula 6sp LS1 with 103k on it, a little rust underneath (NY car), SLP lid, Hurst Shifter, and a few other things for $5800. Good luck with your sale, I just picked up my car in Rochester (a 5hr drive 1 way) and would have flown to Fla for a clean car like yours and drove it back.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:16 PM
On The Tree

Car has been sold. Thanks for all the feedback guys

Quick Reply: 2002 Pontiac Formula m6