Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSD window switch 8956 4cyl mode

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 01:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD window switch 8956 4cyl mode

Ok so I've had my nitrous system set up for about a year now (got the wiring diagram off here) with the msd window switch 8956 set on 8cylinder mode. It ran good for 2 bottles and then my nitrous solenoid went out cuz I forgot my bottle on. I've replaced the nitrous solenoid and tested the system and it seemed like every thing was working , but when I made a pass my times or mph wouldn't improve and it felt like the nitrous wasn't hitting or hitting intermediate.

So I came on here to research for a solution and have been reading that the msd window switch 8956 has to be set to 4 cylinder mode by cutting the red and blue wire. My question is why would the system be running for 2 bottles then start having an issue ? I'm hoping that this is the problem and I haven't already fucked up my window switch lol. Oh and I am running the tac signal off the pcm white wire. Thanks for reading
Old 09-03-2014, 08:56 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think its the window switch, just take the wire going to your MSD window switch and ground it. Should be the white wire or ground wire on your relay. If you think its the solenoid, normally the manafacturer will test and repair your solenoids, I know we do.

On a side note, make sure on your window switch, the yellow wire needs to go to the white wire on your relay, not the ground off the solenoid. In the MSD instructions, it shows to take the yellow wire off the window switch to the ground on the solenoid, this is incorrect. The yellow wire should be going to the ground on the relay, not the solenoid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Garrett
Old 09-03-2014, 12:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
If you think its the window switch, just take the wire going to your MSD window switch and ground it. Should be the white wire or ground wire on your relay. If you think its the solenoid, normally the manafacturer will test and repair your solenoids, I know we do.

On a side note, make sure on your window switch, the yellow wire needs to go to the white wire on your relay, not the ground off the solenoid. In the MSD instructions, it shows to take the yellow wire off the window switch to the ground on the solenoid, this is incorrect. The yellow wire should be going to the ground on the relay, not the solenoid.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Garrett
Thanks for the info but you didn't say anything about the window switch having to be on 4cylinder mode for it to work properly. By doing research on here, I read what you just said about not grounding out the solenoids with the window switch but to ground the relay and that is how my system is wired. I'm trying to load up the picture of the wiring diagram I used off here but photobucket app is being stupid. But basically I have the yellow wire from my window switch going to my fpss switch and then to the ground on the relay. I have tested the system by having the nossel out, hitting the wot switch and reving the car. Both fuel and nitrous spray. But when I make a test pass, it doesn't feel like the system is hitting, or if it is hitting its intermediate, nor do my times improve. This is what has led my to believe it's the window switch not reading rpm right. It could also be a bad or not adjusted fpss but when I test it, the system works so I'm assuming I've got pressure from the fuel pump. It could also be bad connections or grounds or a bad relay from what I've been reading on here but I've also been reading on here to have the window switch set to 4 cylinder mode to have it read rpm right, which I did not do to my window switch.

Quick Reply: MSD window switch 8956 4cyl mode