Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Guy from Ohio doing a LS marine motor

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy from Ohio doing a LS marine motor

Hey guys, my name is Corey and I'm from Dayton, Ohio. Like the title says, I'm am currently collecting parts to LS swap my boat. It's a 98 Checkmate 253. Currently it has a GEN VI 454 that is all stock and the boat runs in the low 60's. Of course, being a performance minded guy, that's just not enough. I started collecting parts to build a mild ProCharged big block, but got bored with it. Who wants to build the same thing the guy tied up next to you has? So I started looking into going the LS swap route, and really liked what I was reading. I'm not totally new to LS motors, but I am new to modifying them. I drive a 2003 Silverado SS, and my wife drives a 2006 Grand Prix GXP and I have thought more than once about LS swapping my 87 Grand National, but that will be after the boat is done. So I talked to ProCharger the other day, and come to find out, the head unit I had for my big block build will bolt right into their LS swap kit bracket. So that's a plus. I have collected a lot of parts so far, and am getting close to putting some stuff together, but needed some input from some people that know more than I do, which is just enough to get me in trouble. I will direct those questions to the forced induction tech section, but first I wanted to say hey in here, and give a little bit of background. Thanks guys!!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:52 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like an intense build

Quick Reply: New Guy from Ohio doing a LS marine motor