Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Anyone run aeromotive fuel pump controller? Base pressure drops on low

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 07:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone run aeromotive fuel pump controller? Base pressure drops on low

(version 2 of this post since i have more info)

Curious if anyone has had any issue with their controller? The problem im having is when i set my base pressure to 58psi on high the pressure drops to about 52psi when the pump is in low mode. Im running the older style controller so I can not adjust volts but I know the new style says to be 8-10v on low and im at 9.46v. So has decent volts. I checked my post 10 mic filter it is clean. Next this may sound dumb but is their such thing as to much return? I have -10 lines supply (splits to 2 -8 on rails) and return running a magnafuel FPR. Lets say I put a -8 return in might that help keep the psi up during low volts.

Anyone have any ideas thanks?

Running aeromotive eliminator pump.

Magnafuel mp-9950-b regulator
Old 09-10-2014, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Not really no such thing as to big of a return. There should be 0 pressure on your return line.
This sounds kinda simple but i set my 58psi base pressure at idle when the controller was at low voltage. If you set it to regulate 58psi at 14v then cut pump speed back 9v its gonna loose some psi because it isnt moving the same volume of fuel. Set it at 58 at your lowest voltage then it will regulate 58psi when voltage rises. . I dont think a regulator can regulate backwards for loss of fuel volume due to lower voltage
Having fuel psi were you want it is more critical at wot vs idle anyways.
Im assuming you have the older red controller? Same one i used for years works great.
Mine was a boosted application but still no real difference other then my regulator added psi with boost
Old 09-12-2014, 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Whats up yosh, so I may have fixed my issue. Havent driven the car around yet to check WOT but here is what i did. Yes im using the old red controller, on my 408 turbo setup. So I removed the springs from regulator first I tried with 1 spring removed. The little spring. And it made things worse. So I put it back in and added a washer to the top of the springs to add some more spring pressure. And boom works pretty good. Im now able to set 58psi on low volts and it only goes up to 60psi on high so i can live with that. Problem was i set 58psi on low and it would jump up around 66psi on high.

I was just going by some instructions that stated to set the regulator on high volts to 58psi. Then put it on low volts and make sure it doesnt drop.

So hopefully im good to go now. Find out this weekend.

Quick Reply: Anyone run aeromotive fuel pump controller? Base pressure drops on low