General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

car didint start, clicking from glovebox

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car didint start, clicking from glovebox

okay, so i drove to work this morning with no issues, and 5 hours later when i go to take lunch break the car didnt start.
it was normal when i forst put eh key in, all the gauges were working and everything, then as soon as i went to start it everything just stopped. ive looked around and a lot of people have had a similar issue but radio and stuff still works, but my car was acting like it had a dead battery, no radio, no windows, gauges not even trying to move, no interior lights, and there was a very rapid clicking noise from what i assume is the BCM, about 1-2 times per second. when i took the key out and closed the door it stopped clicking, but if i had the door open and the key in the on position it stopped as well.
i assumed it was a bad battery but when i tested it, it had 12.7 volts. so i got my brother to give me a jump and it started right up, no problems and ran fine. i was even able to turn it off and turn it on a few minutes later without issue. but my main concern is this happening again, since i have no idea what it is does anyone have any suggestions?
thanks
Old 09-13-2014, 04:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

car is an 01 camaro z28, a4, only has long tubes back exhaust, and i disconnected the AIR
Old 09-13-2014, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A corroded battery terminal or loose ground could do this. But if it's not that I'm stumped to.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:36 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by TX98Z28
A corroded battery terminal or loose ground could do this. But if it's not that I'm stumped to.
This just happened to me yesterday in my truck. Corroded terminals were the cause.
Old 09-14-2014, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea i looked at the wires coming off the battery and they look like **** and the car has the cheap soft metal like $3 battery terminals so i just bought new terminals and new wire for the battery cables
Thanks for all the input

Quick Reply: car didint start, clicking from glovebox