Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Low Fuel Pressure Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Fuel Pressure Problem

I have a 98 SS Camaro with a modified ls1. I bought it with a fuel problem and found that it had a rusty tank. So I replaced the tank, fuel rails, filters, regulator, cleaned the injectors and the fuel lines. I have a racetronix fuel pump and harness that was professionally installed but I replaced the pump and fuel lines anyway. Because I had no fuel pressure with the key on and only 40psi with it running. So after a new pump and fuel lines on the fuel pump assembly I still have no fuel pressure with the key on and only 50psi with the car running. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check valve is worth investigating. It is on or in the pickup assembly with the fuel pump. Or leaking injectors causing pressure to go bye with engine off.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Mercier
Check valve is worth investigating. It is on or in the pickup assembly with the fuel pump. Or leaking injectors causing pressure to go bye with engine off.
Check valve is made into the pump pump is brand new. I hand cleaned and tested the injectors none seemed to be stuck open.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The pressure is going somewhere. I think that something you are assuming good from replacement is actually not functioning properly. How quickly does the pressure drop with the engine off? Does it at least spike up when you turn the key on without starting the motor? How high does it get? How fast does it go back to 0?
Old 09-15-2014, 05:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are you getting your fuel pressure reading from?

Quick Reply: Low Fuel Pressure Problem