Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Lq4 Build

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lq4 Build

Hello all. I am new to the site and am enjoying all the information. I am building a 66 chevelle pro touring type project and am looking for info on my engine build.
I have started with a low mileage Lq4 out of an 2005. My plan is to replace the 317 heads with some L92's and a LS3 intake both out of a low mileage 2009 Vette. I got them reasonable from a friend along with a T56. Now that I have everything but the cam I've read some possible issues with this set up such as torque issues . Any insight or experience with this set up?
Thanks in advance!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the lq4 intake will fit in your car, might look into keeping it to save a few pennies. The truck manifolds flow better than the ls6's and are comparible to the FAST intake
Old 09-24-2014, 11:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The LQ4 intake won't work if he goes to L92's. Your idea is pretty similar to mine, I went with a low mileage LQ9 though and swapped to 243's and a fast intake.
From experience, if I was you.. I'd keep the stock heads and intake for now and focus on the bottom end. Save up an extra 1000 bucks or so and build a 408. You can always do head/ intake and even cam swaps later on down the road. Or you can just go FI. You'll get way more options, way more torque, and you won't be pulling the engine out again later ( like I am going to have to do now ).

Quick Reply: Lq4 Build