Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*real quick...help me fast*

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default *real quick...help me fast*

I'm outside right now finishing up my LS6 intake conversion and was following the guide off of ls1howto. I guess I missed a step and noticed that they said to remove the green clips that are holding the map sensor wires in place. Well now I have the intake back on the car and the bolts almost all the way down. Now before I go any farther should I take the intake back off to remove these or is it not necessary. I notice the the intake went right on with no gaps that I can see.

Any one know about the clips if I can leave them on? I don't want to risk taking the intake back off due to breaking the oil sending unit which I have already broke the first time.
Old 05-24-2004, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default /

if its not broke dont fix it. i dont think they will be much of a big deal

Originally Posted by JakeY2KZ
I'm outside right now finishing up my LS6 intake conversion and was following the guide off of ls1howto. I guess I missed a step and noticed that they said to remove the green clips that are holding the map sensor wires in place. Well now I have the intake back on the car and the bolts almost all the way down. Now before I go any farther should I take the intake back off to remove these or is it not necessary. I notice the the intake went right on with no gaps that I can see.

Any one know about the clips if I can leave them on? I don't want to risk taking the intake back off due to breaking the oil sending unit which I have already broke the first time.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:44 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes you should pull the intake and remove them. they protrude from the valley cover and will not allow the intake to seal completely.