Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Few kills and death from the last 2 weeks or so (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Few kills and death from the last 2 weeks or so (vid)

Had some highway fun the last week or 2.

Ran into a brand new S550 4matic and Lexus GS460. The S550 was mad at me because after merging, I tried to move from the right to the left lane, and he tried to do the same (but he was behind me)... then once I moved over, he gunned it upset at me into the far left lane, and then I just hit it, and cut that nonsense out. Decently strong pull on the S550... but was a bit surprised at how well he held up. I've run older S550s that are complete slugs. A Lexus GS460 saw that go down, and then came to play. I lined up a few times and let him get the hit before I stepped on it and reeled him. He took turns trying to mess with the Benz and then coming forward to try me. I gave him a thumbs up and he was laughing and nodding his head. Cool guy. The Benz stopped playing and held back.

Another day, I run into a Focus ST who was saying he had a lot of mods done and a 'Ford' tune?? I was talking with him for a bit in traffic since we were both stuck, but all our talking had opened our lanes up, and so when he said 'ok man, take it easy'... I waved at him and then figured I'd give him a 1st gear pull so he could hear it, but once I did that, I saw he was actually racing me, so once I let off first and saw he was actually coming up, Instead of shifting to 4th like I was going to, I had to re-rev and downshift to 2nd. Then I hit it again, before he passed me, and continued on at the top of 3rd and let off, few car lengths.

Went out to meet up with some of the guys from CT, and they brought this bolt-on LS Camaro on a tire that was pretty serious business. We had a hard time doing a 40 roll, since his 40 and my 40 were different. First one was something like 30mph, and I had to drop into 1st and was too high in the RPM range, and didn't hear him honk. 2nd line up, I was going to honk, so I got up to 40, honked and hit it, and realized he hadn't moved... so I slowed up to see what was up. He said it was too high up, so we agreed on a 20 and he hooked up well and moved out, and I spun a bit and was done. He put a bus length on me. As solid as that car looked to be built, I got no issues with that loss.

Last night, I went out, first night back to NYC and ran into a GTO. I tried to egg him on a bit... pulled up beside him around 60 in 3rd and tapped the gas a few times to lurch back and forth, but nothing... so I continued moving. After a few seconds of having passed him, I see he's all the way in it now and trying to blow past me, so I downshifted and hit it... I stopped his pull, but not before he managed to get ahead of me and had a slow pull before we both let off because of the turn. I took the turn a bit harder than he did, and I was door to door with him and made up the small gap. We were both around 80 and I was in 4th, and I saw he hit it right after the turn so I did also. I put about 1-2 car lengths on him before I let off somewhere around 130+

Too bad the ONLY one of these races I'll have a vid for was the one I took the loss on. LOL

CLIFFS:
-Beat Newgen S550, Newgen Lexus GS460, Newgen Full bolton ST with "ford tune"?, and beat what I think was a LS2 Yellow GTO.

-Took a beating from a properly set up F-body.

Last edited by odthetruth; 10-05-2014 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:16 PM
7 Second Club

Received 313 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by odthetruth

Too bad the ONLY one of these races I'll have a vid for was the one I took the loss on. LOL

CLIFFS:
-Beat Newgen S550, Newgen Lexus GS460, Newgen Full bolton ST with "ford tune"?, and beat what I think was a LS2 Yellow GTO.

-Took a beating from a properly set up F-body.
Lets see the loss vid...I beleeb that actually happened.

PS. Good runs!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:36 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by islander033
Lets see the loss vid...I beleeb that actually happened.

PS. Good runs!
LOL I'm waiting on it. I got no issues putting it up once I get a link to it or whatever.

Originally Posted by BlackGasGuzzler
What did the Camaro look like and where was this in CT?
Silver camaro, large hood, on a tire. Don't wanna get in-depth on where it was. You can PM me, worst case. He mentioned being a member here, just don't know if he still frequents the site or not.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I know where it was. I know the guy too. Did he spray you?
No. I don't think he sprayed me. We had a little issue getting a solid 40 roll the first 2 times, so then we did the 20, and I spun a bit, and he was gone. I trap about 110 and I've pulled on C5 LS1s, etc... but that car just seems stout. Not sure 100% whats done. I have headers, cat delete, tune on stock catback and stock air intake filter. 370whp with that setup.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

No. I don't think he sprayed me. We had a little issue getting a solid 40 roll the first 2 times, so then we did the 20, and I spun a bit, and he was gone. I trap about 110 and I've pulled on C5 LS1s, etc... but that car just seems stout. Not sure 100% whats done. I have headers, cat delete, tune on stock catback and stock air intake filter. 370whp with that setup.
You have 370rwhp with a LS1 Fbody that only has headers?
Old 10-05-2014, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NateLS1Mustang
No. I have 370whp with a LS2 CTS-V that only has headers.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

You illiterate ?
Nice runs odthetruth I love running into trouble on the street, quite the rush !

Last edited by 98CayenneT/A; 10-05-2014 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

No. I have 370whp with a LS2 CTS-V that only has headers.
Oh. Your original post only states "Beat by a properly setup F-body." Then you later stated, "I have headers, tune on stock catback, and stock air filter. 370whp."

So I'm a little confused..

Edit: Never mind. I read your original post in a different context/manner. I see. Carry on.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
You illiterate ?
Nice runs odthetruth I love running into trouble on the street, quit the rush !
Quite*

Apparently, not as illiterate as you are..
Old 10-05-2014, 04:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

Quite*

Apparently, not as illiterate as you are..
A key board typo is a little different than reading and comprehension, but hey..... ya got me on that one
Old 10-05-2014, 04:41 PM
On The Tree

Your and my mistake still has something to do with literacy, doesn't it? Point made.

Anyways, I read the OP yesterday. Came back to the thread today seeing his cliff notes state, "Took a beating by a properly setup Fbody." So I was thinking he was the Fbody and all those cars in his OP took a beating by his Fbody. That's where I read wrong, my mistake.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:05 PM
TECH Resident

Discuss
Old 10-05-2014, 06:52 PM
TECH Resident

Well, idk. He should be trapping around 110 too. The race should've been a lot closer.
This was me vs modded C5 LS1 on 60 roll (started recording after 3rd honk)...

c5 trapped 109mph that same day.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i feel like u may have been sprayed if that was legit on your end lol
Old 10-05-2014, 07:35 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by evangto87
i feel like u may have been sprayed if that was legit on your end lol
LOL It was legit on my end. I'll take him for his word. He was a cool dude when I linked up with him. I know I didn't catch full traction off the hit and 20 isn't exactly a great spot for me, but I'm amazed that gears and a tire would be that big of a gap is all.

I expect about a 500lbs+ difference between us, and as you can see in the C5 vid, that was a lot better looking than the Camaro. LOL Thats gotta be one properly set up F Body then. lol I got no issues with taking a loss.

I wouldn't have put it up here if I did.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

His car moves out! Good runs Ode. Wish I could have met up with you guys. I raced this same car, but I tihnk he was on a 125 shot then? I got him pretty bad before I popped a headgasket (fuel pump failure)...
Old 10-06-2014, 04:45 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so camaro sprayed and didnt put multiple football fields on him with 100+ hp and 500lbs less? i hope not
Old 10-06-2014, 11:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

For reference, Ill post my video. My car just ran 120MPH on a few less PSI of boost and a much richer AFR (consideirng my fuel pump failed in this run.) I believe he was spraying 125? I can't remember.

Quick Reply: Few kills and death from the last 2 weeks or so (vid)