Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e shiftting issues, help?

Old 10-18-2014, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l80e shiftting issues, help?

i have a 4l80e out of a 2002 silverado 2500hd, i have a feeling ether shift solenoid B is dead/bad or the tranny itself is going/gone, heres what it did/does.

originally swapped it in and tuned it in with the lq4 and once i got speed matched with shift points and ect i had it go from 1st to 4th gear with out issues on one test drive, it popped a code (it was months ago so dont remember but was like 0758 i believe) and went to limp mode half way through my test drive, i pulled over, shut off the truck and cleared codes, started it up and continued to drive home happily with all 4 gears and a working swapped vehicle, i ended up turning off the code it popped hoping it would run like it was and this code wouldn't pop putting it in limp mode, i took it back out and it didnt shift right at all, went back and what i thought set it back to where it was before when all was good, ever since then i cant get it to go into 3rd gear, it goes from 1st to 2nd no issues good firm shifts when it should, never goes into limp mode, then on my tuner it shows it "shift" into 3rd at the appropriate time but it realistically/actually never goes into 3rd and stays in 2nd, if i use my tuner and command 3rd it does the same thing, if i command 4th gear it just revs up and slips HORRIBLY. before all this when i was still working out the kinks i could always command any gear and it would work.

is this a sign the trannys done for and needs a rebuild or is this just a simple solenoid gone out?

i had truck in key on engine off and went through my tuner and commanded 1st then 2nd then 3rd then 4th, and listened for solenoid clicks, i only herd 1st and 4th gear click when i did this, 2nd and 3rd made no noise, is this normal or is this part or is the problem?
Old 11-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Teching In

I am having almost the same issue on my swap. I used the PCM for less harness and my tranny only goes into first and reverse only. Still trying to figure it out.
Old 11-09-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Resident

no, i just ordered new solenoids this payday so im gunna put them in and see what it does, i can post back on here and let u know! i had my credit card infor takin so it set me back badly : \

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4l80e shiftting issues, help?