Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Window stuck all the way down...

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window stuck all the way down...

May be you guys can help me figure this out. For about the last month the drivers side window randomly gets stuck all the way down (only when all the way down). I replaced the motor about 9 months ago with the Simmens motor from autozone. I don't think it's the motor, it never stalls part of the way up. When it sticks, it will not move an inch. I have pulled the motor out, and bolted it down again and it works fine for a while until randomly it gets stuck all the way down again. I think it is flexing some, when I remove the motor after it gets stuck, it appears jammed somehow, there is an audible popping noise when I pull the motor free. I can't see any place it is binding. I have tried torqing the screws supplied with the motor down as tight as possiple with a socket wrench and screw driver. I am running out of ideas. It did it again this morning so my car is sitting out in the parking garage with the window down. After work I am going to replace the motor, I am 99% sure that's not it, but I am out of ideas. I didn't find anything using search. I'm using you guys as a form of brainstorming. Please throw out any ideas yall can come up with. Thanks.