Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fresh rebuilt 4L60E has a "whine"..??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2004, 10:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresh rebuilt 4L60E has a "whine"..??

Just rebuilt my 4L60E and it shifts fine, etc. BUT from park or neutral to a forward gear, there is a brief "whining" sound before engaging... any ideas what this can be..? Want to get after it before damage occurs.. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by shrig1
Just rebuilt my 4L60E and it shifts fine, etc. BUT from park or neutral to a forward gear, there is a brief "whining" sound before engaging... any ideas what this can be..? Want to get after it before damage occurs.. Thanks.
i think it is the tourqe converter
Old 05-26-2004, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

Mine does the same thing in first gear. Its still shifting hard after 500 miles.

I did however tell my builder of the problem and let him make the choice on whether to have him fix it or continue to drive it.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:44 PM
Teching In

Default Like to hear that...!!

Originally Posted by KraZy
Mine does the same thing in first gear. Its still shifting hard after 500 miles.

I did however tell my builder of the problem and let him make the choice on whether to have him fix it or continue to drive it.
Thanks much for the reply and reassurance. DON'T want to pull the trans. and tranfer case out again... major bummer for this old man. Anyway, I have been driving it, although staying close to the "farm" and seems to be working just fine..

Quick Reply: Fresh rebuilt 4L60E has a "whine"..??