Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

1999 F body core supports

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1999 F body core supports

Hello, could someone tell me the difference between a firebird and camaro core support around the headlight area. Pics would be great.

Going to make custom headlights for my trans am and I believe the camaro core support will fit the bill. Need the camaro's headlight mounting points.

Thanks for any help.........
Old 10-23-2014, 12:58 PM
TECH Addict

I may be wrong on this, but I don't think there is a difference.

if you look closely in the pictures in the first post of this thread https://ls1tech.com/forums/paint-bod...transmaro.html you can see the RED core support that matches the red rocker panels (another part WELDED to the car), which would leave me to believe that car was originally a red camaro that got a whole T/A front clip.

90% of the differences (outside of the body lines) are the brackets that attach to the frame rails and core support to allow the different body panels to fit.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

There is no difference in the subframe, the difference is in the parts that bolt to it. Even 93-97 cars are nearly identical.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:05 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the replies. I guess I need to find a GM sheet metal book from 99. Will look online as well. Gots to be out there.
Old 10-25-2014, 12:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
90% of the differences (outside of the body lines) are the brackets that attach to the frame rails and core support to allow the different body panels to fit.
Very true. The entire front clip structure including the core support is the same between the Camaro and Firebirds, including the mounting points.

Quick Reply: 1999 F body core supports