Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another New Guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New Guy

New guy from Canada. In the process of swapping a lq9/t56 into a 2nd gen firebird.

Any help or advice would be great.

Anyone ship parts to Canada?
Old 10-28-2014, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

use the holley oil pan set up as it has best clearance. I used the gm conversion pan, it fit okay but hangs lower than crossmember bout 1 1/2. I may change mine out later after car up and going. I found some stainless headers on ebay that worked out great shorty style exit bout where tranny meets motor. I used the plates to bolt on motor mounts the type gm used alot in 74 & newer cars with v-8 chevy. motor wouldnt sit down on mounts had to bolt on motor sit down mark/redrill holes on subframe. shimmed motor up with 3/8 plate under mounts on frame to get steering to clear pan. could turn 1 way ok only 1/2 way other way as inner tie rod passenger side hit oil pan. everything else worked out so far. I believe if you get motor side of mounts from speedway motors it go down without problems I had. they go directly on without motor adapter plates. hope this helps you our subfames pretty much same.
Old 10-29-2014, 03:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum! Keep us in mind if you need any parts or any tech questions. We have over 50,000 parts on our site and we ship internationally. Just shoot us an email at support@tickperformance.com or call us here at the shop - 336.719.0599

Quick Reply: Another New Guy