Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

NEW dual phantom 340 aeromotive

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 12:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW dual phantom 340 aeromotive

Aeromotive just released the new dual phantom last month so I'm ditching the 3 walbro that give me problems.

Just got off the phone with aeromotive and my dual phantom is on its way to me! They not sold any to summit jegs or anywhere yet so needless to say I had to pay them what they wanted.

But they said it was 799 last week and that's what there site says. But I orderd it and was only 760.I guess they dropped the price, I wonder if this means they sold some to summit now... oh well either way I got mine from them, I'm sure summit will be cheaper by $100

I will be running both pumps constantly on separate relays and the secondary pump will turn off with a vacuum hobb switch,

The advantages to the vacuum hobb is that it turn off one pump when pulling vacuum (at idle rpms) and obvious then both are running when under boost,

This way if the switch fails what happens is both pumps run..versus a fuel pump controller failing (that would leave one pump dead)

Does anybodyelse have the dual phantom yet or am I the first???
Old 11-19-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

I don't know about the first but switching the logic on the second pump seems like a good idea to me. Fail run.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 62 Likes on 54 Posts

That is being first to buy by the way. I failed to clarify the opening.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:30 PM
Launching!

I just bought a set of 340's and im going to run them in my stock chevelle tank which ill modify instead of paying that price. It is a nice setup but I just cant afford it and ill be watching your build now. I have a 5.3 with a Hong Kong Phoey Gt45 68 mm turbo.

Last edited by Modchevelle; 03-07-2015 at 06:46 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sub'd
Old 11-21-2014, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Modchevelle
I just bought a set of 340's on here and im going to run them in my stock chevelle tank which ill modify instead of paying that price. It is a nice setup but I just cant afford it and ill be watching your build now. I have a 5.3 with a Hong Kong Phoey Gt45 68 mm turbo.
Nice.. I can pm any angle of pics when I get the pump in if you wanna see it and get a idea of how to make your hanger.. I just bought it all as the kit because the shop where my car calls home deals with Brett clow (tech director at aeromotive) and after talkin to him on the phone for awhile he convinced me I should just get the dual phantom since half of my problem is fuel starvation around hard turns.. the phantom has a brand new foam design that will hold enough fuel to feed both bumps up to ten seconds, plus Brett is super cool and helpful.. for the full price I paid(direct from aeromotive) its worth having Brett on call and email to answer any questions. .. he's suuuper cool and very helpful. . I suggest if you ever need to call aeromotive tech just ask for Brett right off the bat.. I do
Old 04-20-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've been looking for information on the dual phanton, specifically what pressure it runs at in a supercharged EFI setup because with my setup I'll need two of them, or at least I'd preferred having the two dual phantoms over an inline pump or even a belt driven system. Thanks in advance for that info also

Quick Reply: NEW dual phantom 340 aeromotive