Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Stock fuel rail inner diameters

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default Stock fuel rail inner diameters

Anyone know what the inner diameter of a typical factory LS fuel rail is?

I know this is somewhat unrelated, but I'm making a custom fuel rail for a boosted LT1 where the goal somewhere around 600-700whp in a supercharged app (higher bsfc). I know the stock 3/8" fuel lines will get the job done with another fuel pump. I'm just not sure if the fuel rail diameter is too small and will allow big pressure spikes inside from the injectors opening and closing. The rail I'm considering is from Ross 6 with an ID of .5" for use with -6an fittings. I also plan on running the fuel rails in parallel to minimize pressure drop and a FMU. I think the Ross 8 is wayyyy too big. Would a fuel damper be a good idea for smaller rails or am I overthinking things?

Some specs I've gathered... yes, the stock LT1 rail is big (commonly modded to parallel)
Cross sectional area
Stock LT1 rail (<5/8 ID) - .307
Edelbrock rail (9/16 ID) - .249
6an (1/2 ID) - .196
8an (11/16 ID) - .374

I noticed the BBK LS1/LS6 rails and Holley EFI rails (not the big ones) are also 1/2" ID. Anyone making big power with either of those setups? Series/parallel? Adjustable FPR? (some of them have dampers built in)

Any input is appreciated.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I can hear the crickets
Old 12-02-2014, 01:50 PM
8 Second Club

Received 676 Likes on 499 Posts

Don't know the exact diameter. Do a search in teh forced induction section. This topic has been beat to death. OEM LS Lines and rails have been used to make 850whp+ on E85 turbo setups. Plenty for your goal with enough pressure.

I left the OEM damper on my 99 Fbody fuel rail. Running the times in the sig. on E85.

Quick Reply: Stock fuel rail inner diameters