Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steve1969LS1, whats the status?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Steve1969LS1, whats the status?

its been a month with no new pics. Any new progress?
Old 05-27-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Should have some new pics up tonight with the new wheels..

We have an issue with the firewall.. it wasnt done right so the car is going to a special shop for a firewall re-work. it sucks but thats life... the shop used too much filler and not enough structural support so when the car flexes the firewall cracks

The new shop will drop the front subframe (with my help) then put the car on a dolly and replace the firewall with a custom unit. then slide the subframe (with motor/trans still attached) back under the car. then they will also weld in my subframe connectors and roll cage. after that it goes to the interior shop.. i estimate 2 months unit it is on the road.

The project was going too smoothly.. there was bound to be some sort of set-back.. i didnt get screwed $$$ wise.. just cost me time.. Did i mention that its really hard to find people that do quality work???
Old 05-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Chop-Foo Director

Man, that sucks to hear Steve. You usually know that when things are going too smoothly, something is right around the corner that's gonna give it to ya in the pooper.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Its lookin badass! Thats gotta be one of the best 1st gens on the planet. Hope the firewall issue isnt too much of a setback, and i think i speak for everyone on the board when i say, we cant wait to see what the final product will be!
Old 05-28-2004, 07:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs up

Steve, what made you decide to change the wheels? Don't get me wrong, the new one look great, but I kinda thought the other ones looked a little more muscular. Either way the car is really looking good! The LS1 really looks perfect in there!

Shay

Quick Reply: Steve1969LS1, whats the status?