Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Swtich from Eforce to YSI

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Swtich from Eforce to YSI

I posted this in the supercharged section but figure it belongs here too...

After pushing my little eforce supercharger to the limits, and making 780 RWHP, I decided I needed a winter project so I am back in it. Got a super deal on a A&A YSI kit used for one summer. The kit was from a C5 so to fit it to a C6 a little bit of fabrication is needed, but nothing serious.

Been at it for a few weeks now whenever I find the time. Its coming along nicely. Here is some progress up to date.

Bought this kit for a song, including a dual pump fuel system and ID 1000 injectors, secondary drive, and a IW damper which I sold.

Off with the eforce...

Drain hole in oil pan, with new fitting. I don't like the drain A&A supplies...

Installing a steam vent kit while I am at it...crappy Trickflow kit is like a puzzle. Next time I would just piece it together myself.....

Rear vents joined up......

To make the C5 bracket work, we had to do some grinding on the water pump, and on the bracket.....

Finally... she fit....

Blower, secondary drive, manifold and Holley fuel rails are on....also powder coated the alternator bracket because it didn't look good....

New Holley valve covers (installed -10 an fittings for venting) and more of steam vents connected....

That's where it stands after today. While the valve covers were off I found a broken valve seal so that is taken care of. Next to start on the fuel system and fabricating the rad, intercooler and piping install. I want to do nicer piping then supplied with the kit.

Any suggestions welcome in case I am forgetting stuff.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

very nice.coming along.seen your for sale e force on the vette forum ads.goin your route middle of next year when the vette is paid off.YSI straight cut gears.
Old 12-06-2014, 01:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

A few more things done before the holidays, and then we continue in the brand new shop...... should be great.

Oil drain line done...

Changed out a broken valve seal and closed up with the Holley valve cover. Its starting to look like an engine again....

We then went at the power steering lines. That's a bit of a pain. We had to take a little off the pulley to make clearance for the fitting. Nice to have a full fab shop with equipment to do anything at your disposal. Thanks again Seth and Federal.

She clears....

Quick Reply: Swtich from Eforce to YSI